General boxing thread

EddieG

Eubank basically fights like a guy playing a video game spamming the power shots. No idea how he was still throwing those bombs in the later rounds, was sure he would fatigue.

If and when the two fight again, I would probably give the edge to Eubank. He seemed to figure out BJS in the end but just couldn't dig himself out of the hole the early rounds had put him in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Khan won on points, then. Not sure what the odds were, but I was considering betting that, but the fact he was facing an American in Vegas convinced me that if it went as far as a decision, they'd find a way to give it to Alexander.

He still wants Mayweather, but Eddie Hearn was pushing for a fight with Brook at Wembley next year. I'd say that's more likely, tbh.

I'm not exactly up on my boxing knowledge - how likely is Mayweather/Pacquiao down the line? Seems it's been more off than on over the last few years.

It will likely happen at some point. It doesn't seem like Mayweather wants (or needs) to fight Khan. For what it's worth, I think Mayweather would beat him but he wouldn't want to risk losing his unbeaten record.

He called out Pacquiao yesterday, which is hilarious considering how much time he's spent ducking him. The fight would've been much better a few years ago but is still the biggest draw in boxing right now.

So yeah, in short, now that Pacquiao is past his prime, Mayweather will probably fight him for the ridiculous pay day.

It should be Mayweather vs Pacquiao and Khan vs Brook in May, then the winners face each other in Vegas around about this time next year. Khan was awesome the other night by the way, by far the best performance of his career. I don't think he'd have many problems against Brook.

Moving to the Andre Ward camp was always going pay dividends for Khan, I don't imagine he'll ever make it to the elite level with the current crop around but he may get a few years after they retire and no one else is around to challenge him.

Mayweather is only calling out Pac now because the likelihood of him winning has increased. Pacquiao will accept because he it'll be his last big payday. Should have happened a few years back when they were on an equal level but I'm glad it is happening at least.