General boxing thread

EddieG

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 14/01/2018 at 11:02, Lineker said:

Joshua v Parker unification fight confirmed for March 31st in Cardiff.

Quite excited for it actually. No need for trash talking because this fight has sold itself. I just hope it goes 12 rounds.

I'm looking forward to it, although I'll only be listening. I think AJ is the superior technical boxer, but I can't help but feel that he's at risk of being caught when he gets too confident. Some people are acting as though Parker's a walkover, but I'd be more cautious than that.

I think it'll be an entertaining fight but I can't see Parker winning...I could see him lasting the distance but I think the fact that Joshua is coming in lighter than he's been in a while shows that he's learnt from the fight against Takam in which I thought he looked sluggish / not up to standards that he's set for himself previously.  Whereas I think for Parker whilst he's a good boxer  his last few fights he's not really been dominant and the fight against Hughie Fury probably should have been scored a lot closer than two of the judges gave it.

I can honestly see Parker taking Joshua the distance but I think it'll be a comfortable decision win. 

I think it was a fairly comfortable victory for AJ, 116-112 would have been more representative of the fight.

47 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I think it was a fairly comfortable victory for AJ, 116-112 would have been more representative of the fight.

See that's around the mark I thought it would have been. Not the 118-110/119-109 mark the judges gave it. 

I was watching the fight and I honestly think the person who could give Joshua the most problems is Fury if he gets his shit together. That's the fight I want to see the most.

Joshua vs. Fury would undoubtedly be the most lucrative all-British fight ever. If Froch and Groves could fill out Wembley Stadium, Joshua and Fury should do so in record time. You'd have the golden boy of British boxing against the division's biggest heel, which would make for a promoter's dream. Combine that with the possible Wilder fight and AJ has two massive paydays lined up.

48 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Joshua vs. Fury would undoubtedly be the most lucrative all-British fight ever. If Froch and Groves could fill out Wembley Stadium, Joshua and Fury should do so in record time. You'd have the golden boy of British boxing against the division's biggest heel, which would make for a promoter's dream. Combine that with the possible Wilder fight and AJ has two massive paydays lined up.

I think Eddie Hearn has the biggest boner just thinking about it.

• 3 weeks later...