General boxing thread

EddieG

2 minutes ago, Liam said:

I'm going to assume the guy had a decent record on paper, but nothing much in all actuality. However, 40 (39) seconds is still pretty impressive.

32 fights, 29 wins and 3 losses, 16 wins by KO.

• 2 weeks later...

I  forgot the fight was on so I'm watching the undercard and this guy gets knocked out but his legs must be on a time delay because his brain spent 3 seconds trying to figure out the correct response.

Haye's leg looked like it went following the first knockdown. 

The moment the fight turned into a brawl it was always going to go Bellew's way. 

• 2 weeks later...

I missed it yesterday, but Brendan Ingle, possibly British boxing's greatest trainer, has died at the age of 77. He trained Naseem Hamed, Johnny Nelson, Kell Brook and Junior Witter to world titles, and Hamed was certainly never the same after they parted company.

8 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I missed it yesterday, but Brendan Ingle, possibly British boxing's greatest trainer, has died at the age of 77. He trained Naseem Hamed, Johnny Nelson, Kell Brook and Junior Witter to world titles, and Hamed was certainly never the same after they parted company.

I was listening to TalkSport while I was working and they had a chap on to eulogise about him, very nice stuff he even mentioned that when he left Ireland he didn't just kiss the Blarney Stone, he chipped off a bit of it.

While he was talking about that there was a fight on in Japan (Jamie McDonnell vs Naoya Inoue) and he was gonna watch it after the phone in. But he missed it because it was over in the second minute of the first round. Saw the ''highlights'' last night, it was a mullering. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/44250462

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...