General boxing thread

EddieG

• 1 month later...

Think that'll be an easy win tbh. David Price gave him problems before remembered that he was David Price and has a glass jaw. 

Is this a mandatory title defence? 

Yeah Povetkin's mandatory challenger for one of the belts, I think it's the main reason we haven't got Joshua/Wilder sorted yet. That and probably Joshua's 2-fight Wembley deal, which presumably either eliminates the decision as to where the fight is held or is an additional hold up if Wilder wants to hold out for an American venue.

Joshua has, what, 10 years on Povetkin? 4 inches in height and 7 inches in reach. I reckon he wins within 8. Joshua will know this is the only stop gap between him and Wilder to unify the belts, which will focus him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

Only boxing that matters this month is KSI vs Logan Paul :shifty:

I've reported this post and I hope that you are banned.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Liam said:

I'm more excited by the flying ponchos.

The Flying Poncho!

He's a shithouse!

Please, we are live on BT Sports, watch the language.

I'm coming for you motherfucker!

Just now, Liam said:

The laughable thing here is that they are trying to act like Fury is something akin to what Joshua has become.

Joshua is better than Fury. Fury will lose to Wilder. Wilder and Joshua is the fight that needed to be made.

I think that it would be in Fury's best financial interests to fight Joshua next. It would surely break records for an all-British fight. I'm sure it would still make both men a big pile of money even if Fury loses to Wilder, but it wouldn't be as much as if they just went for it straight away. Not only that, but Wilder's a hard hitter, and Fury's well known for keeping his chin exposed. I can see Wilder landing some big shots, more so than anyone Fury's faced yet.