Would anyone be interested in this scenario I'm working on?

• 2 weeks later...

I got a question for Terry Funk fans.

What company should I put him in and during what time period of his wrestling career? I'm not really big Terry Funk fan, I'm putting Dory Funk Jr. in NWA and was thinking of doing same with Terry in their prime, but not sure if people liked Terry more as he got older and more extreme?

Edit: Also I figured since he can't ever retire in the game I would go on a popularity basis rather then his prime.

Edited by Matthew_Hennigan

What company should I put him in and during what time period of his wrestling career? I'm not really big Terry Funk fan, I'm putting Dory Funk Jr. in NWA and was thinking of doing same with Terry in their prime, but not sure if people liked Terry more as he got older and more extreme?

Edit: Also I figured since he can't ever retire in the game I would go on a popularity basis rather then his prime.

well, im guessing this would be more of a question for the ring rather than the TEWR forum, as its more wrestling than game related, only saying that because i have no clue on funkster as im not much of a fan of his and im trying to give as much help as i can

well, im guessing this would be more of a question for the ring rather than the TEWR forum, as its more wrestling than game related, only saying that because i have no clue on funkster as im not much of a fan of his and im trying to give as much help as i can

Actually this question is relevent to THIS forum, since he's asking for opinions on where to place Terry Funk's game data IN THE GAME...

That being said, I would suggest placing him with WCW around 1989. That was when I think he was at his best, destroying Ric Flair, which led to Sting joining the Four Horsemen. I've watched Funk for more years that I care to admit, and I think this is when he was at his craziest best.

Thanks man, I'd also like to add that I am going to do clone wrestlers, but only the ones that wore mask and in kayfabe people weren't sure who they were(The Black Scorpion, Mr. America, Matt Classic, ect.)

I think I may have cut the first Black Scorpion Kyky as I couldn't find one anywhere lol.

2luuqs0.jpg

Edited by Matthew_Hennigan

Stupid Question: Why not have some wrestlers on Open Contracts so they can work for multiple companies? For instance, having Hulk Hogan on an OC so that he could be on both the WWF & WCW rosters, or Terry Funk working for WCW, NWA & ECW (or wherever his best runs happened). Certainly, plenty of wrestlers had memorable runs in more than one promotion during their prime years, so using OCs would open-up options for people playing the game without them having to do some moderations to the worker files depending on what promotion they feel like playing as.

Edited by tolsvar

Also you could go in this direction, if you were playing as WCW, you could offer Hulk Hogan a contract, get him there and start the Hollywood Hogan stage of his career or do something totally new with him, many ways to go. I didn't really want to have all these big names in different companies, I wanted this scenario to be total promotion wars style and what if a wrestler from the 80s or early 90s in his prime signed with a modern company like ROH or someone from a modern company signed with a older company like AWA in their hay day.

Also you could go in this direction, if you were playing as WCW, you could offer Hulk Hogan a contract, get him there and start the Hollywood Hogan stage of his career or do something totally new with him, many ways to go. I didn't really want to have all these big names in different companies, I wanted this scenario to be total promotion wars style and what if a wrestler from the 80s or early 90s in his prime signed with a modern company like ROH or someone from a modern company signed with a older company like AWA in their hay day.

thats what im planning on doing,

like if all the von erichs signed with a modern day company, or if a promotion like the WWE signed the four horsemen

thats what im planning on doing,

like if all the von erichs signed with a modern day company, or if a promotion like the WWE signed the four horsemen

This could lead to the obvious in a lot of cases... Cena vs Hogan... The two men who pretty much were the WWE/WWF in their time...

I don't have a clue when I will release the finished version as it's taking a lot of time just getting wrestlers from the 50s-70s in the save, but I will try to release an early version of the save when I get decent sized roster on all the promotions that I intend to have in this save, still gotta do a lot of work on the staff, tag teams, stables, relationships, PPVs, and TV, might be sometime next month before an early release. I will also have The Rock in the 90s, and I'm going to have TNAs original home grown talent and many of their earl X-Division talent there, and same with RoH, I am putting Nigel there since his TNA career has been total **** compared to his RoH stuff.

I don't have a clue when I will release the finished version as it's taking a lot of time just getting wrestlers from the 50s-70s in the save, but I will try to release an early version of the save when I get decent sized roster on all the promotions that I intend to have in this save, still gotta do a lot of work on the staff, tag teams, stables, relationships, PPVs, and TV, might be sometime next month before an early release. I will also have The Rock in the 90s, and I'm going to have TNAs original home grown talent and many of their earl X-Division talent there, and same with RoH, I am putting Nigel there since his TNA career has been total **** compared to his RoH stuff.

haha, have you tryed seeing if anybody would lend a hand with this?

like to do the tv and ppv stuff?

All promotion levels at the moment:

AAA - Cult

AJPW - National

AWA - National

Chikara - Regional

CMLL - Cult

DGUSA - Cult

ECW - Cult

EVOLVE - Regional

NJPW - National

NOAH - Cult

NWA - National

ROH - Cult

TNA - National

WCCW - Cult

WCW - Global

WWE 00s - Global

WWE PG - Global

WWE 80s - Global(see below)

WWE 90s - Global

WWWF - Global

I am thinking of making WWF 80s a national promotion, during that time when Vince was taking on the territories and putting many companies out of business, and I could let that be a scenario in itself, the player could relive those days as WWF dominating all other national promotions and lower level promotions or try to compete against them to put them out of business. Thoughts and suggestions?