Euro 2012 Qualifying Thread

Baddar

Here we talk about the qualifiers that don't neccesarily involve England.

Wales need to beat Montenegro tonight. If we're going to have a chance of being one of the best 2nd place teams (let's face it, we aren't finishing above England) we need to do the double over Montenegro and beat Bulgaria and the Swiss at home, getting a point away and hoping for the best. Very unlikely, but as I say, we must start with a win tonight to have any hope.

If there's already a thread for this, point me in its direction and close this one. (Y)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:/

I said 1-1 this morning, with England winning their match 2-0.

Wales had a habit of playing well (for once) away from home during the WC qualifiers but generally come away with nothing. They don't need to be as afraid as they would've been if it was Serbia & Mont., that's for sure.

To be honest, it was to give a bit of value to the bet. Montenegro were 5/6, whilst a lot of the other ones you end up with 1/7 shots against minnows. Very few competitively valued matches really.

EDIT: Republic won 1-0 in Armenia.

Edited by Liam

Yeah, was watching the game at a bar with a friend. These kinda results shouldn't come as a surprise anymore, though, after the loss to Azerbaijan etc. a couple years back.

As a huge football fan it'd be nice to, you know, actually live in a country where there's more than a dozen people who can kick a ball the proper way.

And where you're not still relying on a fucking 70-year-old hasbeen (Litmanen). :shifty:

Yeah. At FC Lahti, a pretty small Finnish club, and he's still a regular in the national team. It's pathetic that he's still one of our best players, he's got great vision but his condition is so poor nowadays he can't play more than 45-55 minutes per match. I wonder what'll happen when Litmanen and Hyypiä both retire, they're the backbone of our squad. Jääskeläinen retiring from internationals was bad enough already. :/

We need a new generation of talent. Let's hope Dalla Valle makes a big mistake and chooses to represent Finland over Italy.