Euro 2012 Qualifying Thread

Baddar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result for us against the Armenians. They may not have been the best of opponents, but the conditions are tough and they're exactly the type of team we go and get a draw against. Fahy was lively when he came on and took his goal well, but I can't for the life of me see why Green is starting. He's English and shit. Darron Gibson is the future, everyone knows it, so fucking play him. If we get the 3 points against Andorra on Tuesday as expected, we'll be in great shape.

Speaking of Holland

Ruud Van Nistelroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooij

I almost jizzed when I saw that he'd scored. I didn't even realise he was back in the national picture. :w00t:

Yeah, he came in to replace Van Persie. Wicked goal, I screamed out loud, jumped out of the coach.

I was saying all along he's the guy we needed at the World Cup as a supersub.

Great result for us against the Armenians. They may not have been the best of opponents, but the conditions are tough and they're exactly the type of team we go and get a draw against. Fahy was lively when he came on and took his goal well, but I can't for the life of me see why Green is starting. He's English and shit. Darron Gibson is the future, everyone knows it, so fucking play him. If we get the 3 points against Andorra on Tuesday as expected, we'll be in great shape.

Misread as Americans. Was expecting a very angry HttK to come and tear you to shreds. >_>

I can't comment on how he's played for Ireland but Green is a good player, he's got experience and deserves his crack. So what if he's English, it's not stopped all the home nations abusing the 'grandma rule' for ages now, the Welsh team is seemingly made up of people from east of the border.

I see a fair few in the media have already rushed to say that the pressure on Capello has eased with this win. Yeah, it's a good result but if we lose in Switzerland next week then surely everyone will be calling for his exit again.

Albania are top of their group after tonight's results, ahead of Belarus. That's quite awesome.