Civilization Thread!

Ruki

I basically waited for him to take out Suleiman so I could liberate Sully and get him on my side for diplo votes, then took back the city, took a coastal city with Colossus and Great Wall, razed his next city, then took his capital with 13 more wonders. I'm going to let him live with his last city, being stuck in there with the three great generals I earned, Citadeling him to his little stupid mountain as an example to the rest of the world.

Me too :( .

Though, I'm about to start a game as the Mayans, see how it goes. Normally I turn off Barbs, but this time I'm switching them on, going to see how that affects it. I figure if I can win five games, I can switch up to King...God help me :( .

Me too :( .

Though, I'm about to start a game as the Mayans, see how it goes. Normally I turn off Barbs, but this time I'm switching them on, going to see how that affects it. I figure if I can win five games, I can switch up to King...God help me :( .

Oh, is your computer dead too? *hug* WE ARE LIKE SOUL-CRUSHED-MATES!

This works pretty well as a description of my game playing style

iX9tVuR.gif

Oh, and Egypt didn't get to survive, he denounced me and so I used the generals to kill him. Monty is next (I razed one of his cities earlier in the game) I already took his cap, but he refused to accept me ending the war and leaving him with his one city, so I'll raze him off my planet. Then it'll just be me, Carthage (who'll soon be wiped out by), The Zulu, and the Ottomans who're in my pocket and only have one city.

• Like 2

It's quite bewildering to return to playing on Settler (for cheap 'n' easy achievement mining) and realise that you can end up with SO MUCH MONEY without doing any of things you've come to accept as normal in surviving and/or thriving on higher difficulty levels.

"What, I'm on +120 gold per turn? But I haven't even found anyone else to trade with yet!"

• Like 1

Barbs will attack a scout on something like 5% health if they happen to be stood right next to them. That's about the limit of land barb aggression on Settler.

Barbarian ships will still attack anything that floats though.

Yeah, I figured that, though what I figured they were doing was not using it for defense but rather to be dicks and steal land, given how far ahead the player is; note Washington's units compared to the Mechanized Infantry amassing.

• Like 1

Petty things annoy me about that screenshot - such as the lack of a road/railway connecting his citadel land grab/defensive front line/route into enemy territory with the rest of his empire. This is an unforgivable failing for Modern era warfare, let alone Future Tech era, and it's through jungle. JUNGLE!

• Like 1