Civilization Thread!

Ruki

• 2 weeks later...

Was coming here to post that

http://kotaku.com/were-getting-a-sci-fi-civilization-and-it-sounds-fant-1561510976

Has some details on the game

Happens in real life!

US: "HEY GUYS WE TOOK CARE OF SADDAM!"

World: *DENOUNCES US*

US: "......."

There was this wakky part of a gazillion made up excuses to "take care" of the guy.

I am begging for a new civ game. Sadly Civ 5 never got to the point of love i had for the old game but going back is also very hard because the combat got so much better in this one. I need a best of.

That article makes it sound basically identical to Civ rather than a game of it's own >_>

Civ in Space! Some new fun additions to the gameplay (like neutral alien races and monsters) and it's like a whole new game!

Now I just need some kind of fantasy 4x game that isn't Warlock.

• Like 1

Was coming here to post that

http://kotaku.com/were-getting-a-sci-fi-civilization-and-it-sounds-fant-1561510976

Has some details on the game

I'm not sure if the author of that article is just bad at doing English (the only logical answer) but this sentence...

"Strategy game addicts have been waiting almost 15 years for another sci-fi 4X game, and the next big thing from Firaxis is just that'"

...Seems to be implying there hasn't been a 'sci-fi 4x game' since Alpha Centauri was released 15 years ago. To which I say, does the author even 4X? The entire genre is essentially 'sci-fi' games and there has been probably a dozen released since 1999, and many of them good, and even better than Alpha Centauri. I think he wanted to say something like 'Strategy game addicts have been waiting almost 15 years for another [installment of a Sid Meier 'Sci-Fi'] 4X game, and the next big thing from Firaxis is just that' ... or something to that effect.

--------------

Also as other people have said here, from the bare details in the article etc. this new game does sound a little bit like a re-skinned Civ 5, which is not a good thing. Although I'm sure there will be differentiation, it would have been cooler if it was actually a sequel rather than just Civ in Space with a nominal 'hat tip' to Centauri (which is what it sounds like at this point). Here's hoping they actually put effort into making it unique.

Edited by kaya

• 2 weeks later...