Civilization Thread!

Ruki

Put it this way: the 'minimum system requirements' for M2:TW lists, amongst other things:

512MB RAM

128MB Graphics card (DirectX 9 compatible)

Whereas Civilization V lists:

2GB RAM

512MB Graphics card (DirectX 11 compatible)

There really is no comparing the two.

Ouch, wouldn't have expected a Civ to be THAT demanding in comparison. Civ 4 had similar specs to M2 and I wasn't expecting V to be quite so much vaster. Tis much better to look at though and first Civ I'm going to have to skip after many years, will try a demo but not confident on getting anywhere.

Went up to EB Games at lunch, the game has yet to arrive. I am gonna check back when I drop the girlfriend off for work....if they don't have it, cancel the pre-order, put it towards New Vegas, then go to Wal-Mart....then Toys-R-Us....then Best Buy....then Futureshop.....then the other EB Games.

I am getting this damn game tonight :angry:

So pissed off....bought the game, then I find out that my CD/DVD drive didn't work. So I am downloading the demo, hoping I can use the code on the back of the disk to unlock the full game.

Edit: I complain about it, and then it starts to work....what the hell? :/

Installing now :D

How's it running, Ruki? I've been playing about on Can You Run It and it's been telling me that I can run all the games that I know my computer can run (The Sims 3, FM10, etc.) but that Civ V won't work...

How's it running, Ruki? I've been playing about on Can You Run It and it's been telling me that I can run all the games that I know my computer can run (The Sims 3, FM10, etc.) but that Civ V won't work...

Weird thing: I checked yesterday, and it said I COULD run the game now, even though just a week or two ago I couldn't. As for how it is running....it's running decently, not great, but good enough to always enjoy it. But once you get to the later stages of the game it will take a long time.

Story time!!!!

So, I slowly built up my army, and then managed to build 3 tanks and a Zero fighter (only had enough oil for that) and went straight to war with the second biggest power: Egypt. I threw everything I had at him, taking over 4-5 cities, losing 1 or 2 myself. I took over one city and accidentally clicked "Liberate"....so yeah, I brought France back into the world <_<

But eventually he asked for peace....I refused, because I was so close to taking over a city! The terms of peace? He gives me a city + 3 gold a turn, and I give him some luxury resources. Once I build up my army again, I will finish off Egypt! Then I will have to move across the ocean to Romans.