Civilization Thread!

Ruki

Fuck, I LOVE the war in this game, it's great! Although I'm not using any right now....going for a cult win as China.

My first game? I was pissed off I didn't get any uranium....I wanted to nuke people :(

Edit: But I must admit....I have no idea what "Pact of Cooperation" and "Pact of Secrecy" do.

Had a fun go on the demo last night. Ceasar said he'd grown tied of my face, so when a few turns later Bismark asked if I'd like to help him go to war with Ceasar, I agreed, if we could wait 10 turns so I could build an army. So, then turns later I go to war with Ceasar, Bisamrk declares war...and then does jackshit, leaving me to do all the fighting myself. Dick. Ah well, I got Rome for my empire.

Still think I'd only want the game if it was about £20, but I can see it being a lot of fun.

Music is great. I totally concur.

Samurai are also great but not as great as weak units fighting as if they had full strength. Now THAT is great.

With the blitz promotion its almost like cheating.

In my first game of this I managed to smack the shit out of India, who had NO army at all, I literally just walked into their two cities. And then England who was on my border used a great person to steal my land! I had no idea you could do that, so I depleted most of my army taking half of their cities. Elizebeth is a bitch.

Music is great. I totally concur.

Samurai are also great but not as great as weak units fighting as if they had full strength. Now THAT is great.

With the blitz promotion its almost like cheating.

In my first game of this I managed to smack the shit out of India, who had NO army at all, I literally just walked into their two cities. And then England who was on my border used a great person to steal my land! I had no idea you could do that, so I depleted most of my army taking half of their cities. Elizebeth is a bitch.

Moral of the story, never trust a bald woman in a ginger wig.

Got it last night. Amazing. I'm currently the Germans and I just dispatched of the Romans in a very easy campaign and then the Americans in a much longer fashion. I still haven't left my continent as I need to consolidate my holdings here as 2 more civs are still on the island.

Played almost all night, it´s brilliant. It´s differnt to a degree at wich i belive i could still play Civ4, it dossent make the old game look dated, it´s just a totaly differnt game in the gnere.

After failing hard with russia i started a random game and got France. It´s much easyer to play wen you know that just throwing down 20 Citys will not be good. I was able/forced to take over hugh parts my continent... i belive there is no way playing this without war, or i just had bad luck with my neighbours... i am trying to Keep Italy and the Civ "with the guy in front of the burning city" (?) around to not be alone with all the city states. - It´s crucial to not just take over every city... i still endet up with way to much citys, they barly grow becaus growth is eating at the happynes even more. Useing a puppet is the way to go, and than bring them in one after another IF you feel the need.

Anyway, it´s the early 1800 right now, i am the first civ to discover another continent... at first sight it seems to have Japan in my domination role. I am trying to be frinds with them and hope for no costly war since our borders are an ocean apard... germany is still alive and begging me to beat on Japan.

Meanwhile back at home Cesar tries to grap as many citys as posible, i belive i need to take him out some day... it seems to be in his genes to build up forces that fail at takeovers. :-/