Civilization Thread!

Ruki

I cant believe the game has only been out for less than a month and already there is two patches.

Hope it dont take away from the gameplay as i looking to pick this up for my birthday.

Edited by Jacob

One day!!!

Last night, some prick declared war on me, took one of my cities....I eventually take one of his and take mine back (I had like...3 units at the start of the war)....once I was starting to advance on his other cities he sent me a message asking for peace which included most of his money, THREE of his cities (he was left with one), and a few resources. 10 turns later? War is back on and a murder him.

So me, Ruki and pizzamonkey played a brief multiplayer game last night which was pretty fun, but I didn't see any way of saving the game and have no idea if it saved or not. I've read in places that it autosaves multiplayer games, but I can't find any options for it :S Anyway, hopefully we can arrange a larger multiplayer game at some point.

I have the game.

I have spent AAAGES trying to install it but bloody Steam won't bloody connect and EVEN THOUGH I'VE PAID FOR THE GAME AND OWN IT AND BOUGHT IT WITH MY OWN PERSONAL HARD-EARNED MONEY, therefore I can't play it because Steam says I can't.

I hate Steam. They're also the reason why I can't play Empire: Total War when I dare to be somewhere without an internet connection. HOW DARE I?!

We can all relax! :pervert:

Steam decided to go back online about 4 hours late from their downtime (apparantly) so I could get online at 2am and install the game. Seems to run a little slowly in the first few turns compared to the old days where the next turn would be instantaneous, but apart from that I'm really liking it so far....except NO VIKINGS! :angry: Even though they're in the rather groovy intro video.

We can all relax! :pervert:

Steam decided to go back online about 4 hours late from their downtime (apparantly) so I could get online at 2am and install the game. Seems to run a little slowly in the first few turns compared to the old days where the next turn would be instantaneous, but apart from that I'm really liking it so far....except NO VIKINGS! :angry: Even though they're in the rather groovy intro video.

They are there as Oslo and Helsinki.

If you check the civfanatics forum someone is bound to create them as a race. I'm patiently waiting for my WWII scenario to come out *folds arms and waits*

I bet all of these Civs will come as DLC and in the end you just don´t know anymore who will just be a City state or a Civ in your new game.

I installed it on my iMac yesterday. 4GB of ram sadly did nothing for me... my very first game (loaded via steam cloud) on the largest map possible still crashes somewere during the oponents next turn. They fixed a lot of these performance issues on Civ4, i hope they will find a way here aswell...

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane