Civilization Thread!

Ruki

You know, I still got the fucking diplomatic penalty with that bitch <_<. IT WAS YOUR IDEA ELIZABETH, YOU DO NOT GET TO BE ANGRY!

And now, Arabia's proposal to the world congress: EMBARGO CITY-STATES.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT, ARABIA?!

• Like 1

Well, that was a tough game. Arabia had this insane economy, Korea was gaining tech fast. With numerous landlocked capitals, Korea's science advantage, and culture wonder's being spread throughout the world, Diplomacy was the best way to win. The other Civs included: England, Morocco, The Huns (Destroyed by Arabia) and The Aztecs (Destroyed by Korea).

I reach the Modern era first, thankfully, and go Order so my Factories will boost science. Fill it out as needed, and then I realize that something has to be done about Arabia's economy. So...I get them embargoed. Later in the game their economy is completely in the shitter, while I forgo building pretty much anything and keep a standing minimal defense force to boost mine. I get Order and my religion passed, my spies and barely win on what was probably the third or fourth World Leader vote. I wasn't helped by the fact that I was on an island, so no early trade from other people, or the fact that Korea and Arabia had seemingly dumped all their money into buying off a city-state.

There is very little in this game that's more satisfying than getting to Artillery and being able to teach the neighbourhood bully a serious lesson.

Just being able to teach them a lesson period is satisfying. I love taking a coastal capital from the civ with the highest score using the Frigate+Privateer method, and then watching their high score plummet. It's amazing how crippling a blow that is.

• Like 1

There is very little in this game that's more satisfying than getting to Artillery and being able to teach the neighbourhood bully a serious lesson.

Just being able to teach them a lesson period is satisfying. I love taking a coastal capital from the civ with the highest score using the Frigate+Privateer method, and then watching their high score plummet. It's amazing how crippling a blow that is.

Oh absolutely, I just love the difference that Artillery makes, particularly when they've managed to take the Civ with Great Wall (or where the Civ that built it) and suddenly you don't have to deal with that moves per turn hit.