Civilization Thread!

Ruki

He has to be playing some screwed up setting. No world congress, 115 happiness when he is wider than my brother's ass, undeveloped jungle outside his capital...

Must be a mod plus IGE, plus Settler or Chieftan.

Edit: my bad, World Congress is that turn. STILL....

AND only three city states. I call bullshit.

bs-flag.jpg

How do you even get to 2076 without at least winning by accident? Fuck's sake.

oh god he citadel'd a cow WHY DID YOU CITADEL A COW A COW IS FOOD

oh also god why are you building science YOU ARE RESEARCHING FUTURE TECH YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUILD SCIENCE BUILD SPACESHIP PARTS

• Like 1

But you don't put them right next to each other, and not on resources. You put two hexes between them so that no matter where any invading army lands, they get a health hit, making it harder for them to advance their lines, and allowing your range units to take pot shots at them whilst they struggle by. That or you act like a man and use your Great Generals to attack neighbours, only Citadeling when it'll create a fantastic choke point or help protect any weak flank you may have.

Culture from fishing boats (and atolls yes), which can take forever to get going, and you're lucky if you get enough of it to matter. Samurai come at a time when I don't like to war, and their Great General boost doesn't matter much since I usually get the first one from Honor anyway. They're so close to Cavalry on the tech tree that it usually pays to wait anyway, and then you get a stronger unit that can move faster to swoop in and take cities after your siege does the important work. Zeros are useless because the AI doesn't understand how to use planes, so you can usually just send in the Bombers and do well enough (which is why the B-17 is so much better). "Full strength when weakened" rarely means much to me since I tend to build enough units to shuffle out the wounded.

To really take advantage of the culture from fishing boats, you'd probably have to rig a map or something, like Archipelago and Abundant Resources. Even then it's no guarentee.