Civilization Thread!

Ruki

Nooooo, but keep looking!

Fuck it, I'll tell you. Notice the little thing on top that says *IGE* ? That's the In-Game Editor. Look at the year. Look at his money. Look at what he's researching. Look at his happiness. That motherfucker's cheating.

• Like 1

Might be just really low difficulty instead of cheating. I'd imagine it might be possible to get Gunpowder by T180-ish if you beeline that part of the tech tree, too (though this guy might be playing on a slower speed).

I have a friend who likes to cheat on pretty much every single player he owns, I don't mean exploit... I mean he has one of the programs that allows you to edit stats in-game. He even cheats on games like Skyrim (on every RPG ever actually), always giving himself max everything, all the spells, max every stat and so forth. For some reason I find the idea that he can't (or isn't?) willing to enjoy the game without cheating to be infuriating. I think this is because on some level there is a cognitive dissonance with the notion that not being challenged in any way whatsoever could be 'fun.'

Edited by kaya

I don't cheat at Civ <_<. There's no reason to cheat, especially when you've figured out how the AI works. On a normal game, they're destined to go usually go after a Culture victory. So you keep your damn borders closed, two units in your cities, if possible, and focus on science or diplomacy.

Or you just play Venice :shifty: .