The Scottish Football thread

METALMAN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Celtic star Charlie Mulgrew has been questioned by police after his two-year-old son was allegedly left in a car in freezing temperatures.

Police were called to the Costco car park, at St Rollox, Glasgow, at about 1530 GMT on Wednesday.

It is understood they were alerted by Ultimo lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone.

Paramedics examined the child but he did not require treatment. Mr Mulgrew, 24, and his wife, 22, are now subject of a report to the procurator fiscal.

Ms Mone, 39, posted details of the incident on her twitter page.

The tweet read: "Waiting at car as mother has left her baby in car for an hour at -7 called police & might smash window. Nut case."

In later tweets, she wrote: "Baby safe and well, shame the parents were angry with me but I felt I only did the right thing for the baby as it was minus 7."

She said store staff had been "extremely concerned" about the baby and added: "Turning back the clock I'd do it all again. Sometime you think in many ways 'what if'? I wish the parents and baby well."

A spokeswoman for Strathclyde Police said: "Around 1530 hours on Wednesday 22 December 2010, police were called to a report that a baby had been left within a car in the Costco car park at St Rollox in Glasgow.

"Emergency services attended and the baby was examined by paramedics at the scene. He did not require any medical treatment.

"A full report surrounding the circumstances will be prepared for the procurator fiscal. Currently, a 24-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman are subject of a report to the procurator fiscal."

Absolute crazy. Some people just don't deserve to be parents.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah what fun it is to beat the Hibs on New Years Day.

We weren't very good but we're still unbeaten, have beaten Hibs yet again and thoroughly dominated the entire game.

Now if the Old Firm want to kick lumps out each other tomorrow and have loads of suspensions and injuries so they can slip up more, I may start dreaming of winning this league.

Samaras turns it on when his contract is about to run out, or if it looks like someone is showing an interest. The rest of the time he is a lazy cunt who throws himself to the ground at the slightest inclination.

• Admin
Two Dundee United footballers have been questioned by police in connection with an alleged serious sexual assault.

BBC Scotland understands the players are David Goodwillie and David Robertson.

It is understood the men were questioned by officers last week, in connection with an incident at a New Year house party in West Lothian.

Neither man has been charged but both are continuing to help police with their inquiries.

Lothian and Borders Police confirmed that they were investigating a complaint brought by a 24-year-old woman following an allegation of serious sexual assault in Armadale on 2 January.

You would imagine that this will end Goodwillie's chances of a move this January.

Elsewhere, the SFA rejected Dundee's appeal to have a 25-point penalty overturned.

What Deportivo fans think of the SPL, and totally true in my opinion:

Please forgive the late reporting of the following, but we think that this is still worth drawing attention to in the current climate of proposed league restructure, albeit 5 days on.

Last Saturday evening during Barcelona's 4-0 win at the Riazor, this banner was unveiled by the Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña fans.

It's a protest against the unfair distribution of TV revenues in La Liga and the dominance of two clubs, the message is simple:

"We do not want another Scottish league."

In the SPL the rich get richer and the poor get fucked!