The Inbetweeners series 3

KoA

I know trusting The Sun with top journalism is like trusting your kids with Charles Manson but The Sun reported today that the third series will be the final one.

Granted it was in the Bizarre section but it was quite a lengthy column about Jays new girlfriend.

I don't know anybody who isn't completely frothing at the gash (:shifty:) at The Inbetweeners. It's strange that over here a season is like 6 episodes but American's get like 18-24 for their shows. It helps keep the quality from getting watered down, but I dunno. It's just annoying having so little of the stuff I like :( Saying that, there's so much material they could exploit having them share a flat. You wouldn't just have to work with them going to parties which seems to be the plot line every episode. They could easily squeeze out 6 episodes on that.

Also, the first time I watched Monday's episode I was absolutely steaming so I didn't remember too much, but watched it again last night and thought it was the best episode so far. I'd probably say 3 > 1 >>>>>> 2.

Edited by Pesci

I don't think it would be inexplicable to get them all into the same uni. There are quite a few Unis out there that would take a Jay. I know someone who got into Manchester Met Uni with EDE at A-Level. Will could apply for places like Cambridge, etc, only to comically fail and have to settle for the same Uni as Jay. Simon could do quite well, but end up following Carly to that Uni. Neil could get an apprenticeship, or actually do pretty well.

Then again, I am a huge fan of killing something while it is still good. I'd rather it ends after this series than go on for a 4th and become unfunny.

This ep had my most laugh out loud moments. I thought it was glorious; from some great lines like ‎"At least if you're going to have sex, you'll be doing it somewhere comfortable." "Yeah, only her vagina." to Neil pissing incident. Just my personal favourite for sure.

Had three great one liners. Jay's story about her shitting down his arm, the "do it somewhere comfortable" "yeah, only her vagina" and the "I'm gonna fuck you in your vagina you twat!" or whatever it was all had me laughing. Wasn't hysterical but it'll do.

I too wasn't that fond of this episode. It seems that Tara is gone now, which I'm sort of glad about, she got a bit annoying. My favourite line was "it smells like pissy Sugar Puffs" though.

"...went in too quick, broke his knob in half"...bwahahhahahahahahahaha.

Okay, probably the best of the series, but still not that good. A few lines that were unreal on their own...but in general, it's quite painful to watch. :/

It's sort of went the way The Mighty Boosh went, but much worse. The Boosh was "funny but wacky" whereas now it puts being "wacky" above being "funny". The Inbetweeners now seems to put being "cringey" above being "funny". And whilst the 3rd series of the Boosh was generally saved by the awesome banter between Barratt and Fielding (and the odd AMAZING episode - "Crack Fox"), the banter between the cast of The Inbetweeners has really tailed off this series (because it's basically; Jay lies -> Neil believes it -> Simon twists his face -> Will makes a sarcastic quip in a girl voice -> someone tells someone else to fuck off). It's basically become a more vulgar version of BBC3's horrendous "Coming Of Age"...but somehow more painful to watch. :/ I have to stop myself fast forwarding through certain parts.

Edited by YI

Not trying to be elitist here (I am being though), but I think part of the problem this season is that so many people watch it now. The other seasons it was a hidden gem with some good comedy, and whilst I genuinely didn't enjoy that episode, the others have been fine. Problem being that now everybody watches it, you don't even get to school/work without people mercilessly quoting it and ruining any of the punch it has. Seriously, almost every single one of my British friends has joined an Inbetweeners group on Facebook that's just a fucking quote from the show. Before the show had even finished I had eight people quoting it in their damn statuses.