The Inbetweeners series 3

KoA

Not trying to be elitist here (I am being though), but I think part of the problem this season is that so many people watch it now. The other seasons it was a hidden gem with some good comedy, and whilst I genuinely didn't enjoy that episode, the others have been fine. Problem being that now everybody watches it, you don't even get to school/work without people mercilessly quoting it and ruining any of the punch it has. Seriously, almost every single one of my British friends has joined an Inbetweeners group on Facebook that's just a fucking quote from the show. Before the show had even finished I had eight people quoting it in their damn statuses.

I live in a massive bubble in this regard. I heard much more commotion last series. I don't have a facebook anymore, nobody I live with likes it, university has literally just restarted, my work doesn't really lead to me being in contact with many people and without wanting to sound like a prick, my mates and I tend to have enough jokes and shit ourselves so don't resort to quoting or generally talking about tele we watch (besides "Shooting Stars" :shifty:). Honestly, I've talked about The Inbetweeners to one person, and I was the one who brought it up, and it was basically; Been watching Inbetweeners? Yeah. Bit shit aint it? Yeah. So overexposure is definitely not the problem for me.

Plus, this last episode really summed it up. They really need to 'win' every once in a while. I don't necessarily mean a full on "Kevin & Perry Go Large" ending, but for kids in the 'middle ground' they are the biggest fucking losers in the world.

Edited by YI

Agreed on the needing to win, it'd would've been brilliant if Simon had gotten laid, he could've spent the entire rest of the season shoving it in Jay's face. And I find it ahrd to believe that he's that thick or gullible to jsut assume Jay's right on the ridiculous sex advice. Definitely getting too cringey over genuinely funny for me with that episode. I've enjoyed the rest of the series thoguh, so I'm not too concerned.

I actually really enjoyed last night's episode, but that may be because a couple of the things that happened in the episode link to inside jokes with me and some of my friends. But him kicking the door into the old woman had me in stiches.

Edited by regia

My favourite episode of the series - really realistic, I could relate in some way to nearly every stupid thing they did! It was back on form for me, this series has been awful up to now. Which is why I find it funny that a lot of people who have praised this series are now slating this episode :lol: Ah well.

Will kicking the door in the old ladies face was definitely the best bit, I have to agree there. Oh, and pussy patrol was a particular highlight as well.

Thought exactly the same.

Altogether it was a decent episode, but it could have been so much more, much like the last couple. A camping trip, Will having an empty, and going to Uni were all really good ideas with bags of potential that didn't really deliver. It was nice, but it could have been so much better.

Favourite part of the episode was Simon finally losing it when his car goes in the lake. And not in a 'I found it the funniest part' way. Also Simon's chat with his dad whilst hungover and throwing up talking about kiddie fiddling was great too.

I liked it. It was a little disapointing, but I have a feeling they're saving a lot of the big gags or storylines for the movie. That'll be the true finale, so I'll reserve my judgement 'till then.

There was some nice moments in this episode, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as the 1st or 4th, in my opinion.

Not a bad episode, but the puke gag totally ruined it for me.

Spot on.

The only episode I've actually remotely liked, and even then it wasn't 'that funny', but was happily watchable.

Anyone seen that "The Phone Shop" or whatever? Jesus Christ...that's absolutely fucking atrocious. So many fucking terrible sitcoms this year. I liked "Rev" and I've only seen an episode and a bit, but that "Him And Her" is alright too, but they're both quite 'understated'.

And if the annoying, unfunny fuckers on the god awful "School Of Comedy" are the future of comedy, I weep.

Edited by YI