Minecraft!

Sousa

Sooooooo, after watching far too many of Achievement Hunter's "Let's Play Minecraft" series, I've learned how to set up a server and started dinking around.

I'm thinking I may want to get a group of people together to re-enact some of those challenges and generally just goof about. We'd all agree on a certain day/time, hop on Teamspeak or Skype and give these things a go. Ideally, I'd need five people, but could adapt

Anyone interested?

Edit: As an example, I've set up the "Thunderdome" fighting area from one of the AH videos. We'd set up a time, meet up on the server, hang around and duke it out for bragging rights.

Sooooooo, after watching far too many of Achievement Hunter's "Let's Play Minecraft" series, I've learned how to set up a server and started dinking around.

I'm thinking I may want to get a group of people together to re-enact some of those challenges and generally just goof about. We'd all agree on a certain day/time, hop on Teamspeak or Skype and give these things a go. Ideally, I'd need five people, but could adapt

Anyone interested?

Edit: As an example, I've set up the "Thunderdome" fighting area from one of the AH videos. We'd set up a time, meet up on the server, hang around and duke it out for bragging rights.

I would be up for that!

If you're mentioning the cheaters of the EWB Minecraft Wars era, I demand recognition for my use of such nefarious tactics as running away from a fight heavily balanced against me.

Shoulda got into the game about 6 months ago. We had Minecraft battle royale. It was fun, I won all the time except when Kats won or Kirkles cheated.

:shifty:

Not all of the challenges I'm thinking of would be combat-based, though. Could do some of the scavenger hunts similar to the AH videos, or do a few maze/exploration style ideas I've thought of while going through the map.

Shoulda got into the game about 6 months ago. We had Minecraft battle royale. It was fun, I won all the time except when Kats won or Kirkles cheated.

:shifty:

Not all of the challenges I'm thinking of would be combat-based, though. Could do some of the scavenger hunts similar to the AH videos, or do a few maze/exploration style ideas I've thought of while going through the map.

I love the scavenger hunt videos. Sadly, I am terrible at Minecraft and would suck at that, haha. But would still be fun!

Sunday I would be ok with, I have no plans outside of laundry. Although, could we do it a little later (only like an hour)? I'm 2 hours behind you, and 7 behind the Brits.

I was going to institute a two-hour time limit from the moment we start and I'm fine with going until 11p EST (4a for the Brits, 9p MST). Short Guy's gotta work, after all. So feel free to figure it out among yourselves.

Edit: Also, I need someone to help stress test the server with me. Throw me a PM if you want the info.

We still playing today?

Yeah. I've got a couple of errands to do, so it looks like 4-5p will be the earliest I can start the server. Course is built and ready for five people, but we can just muck around and test the place out if nobody else shows. Maybe finish the Capture the Tower recreation and get started on my "Run Through The Jungle" survival game.

Edit: Server is up. PM me if you want details.

Double Edit: Disconnected around 9p. I'll try to make it an annual thing for Sunday nights around 5p-9p US EST, especially since the following have been finished and are ready to play:

1. Scavenger Hunt

2. Thunderdome

3. Capture the Tower

4. "Run Through The Jungle" (an original -- the world has a jungle just behind the Thunderdome & CTT arenas. I've hidden a tower (four blocks of gold atop a block of obsidian) in a nearby Fortress and the object is to go from the start, retrieve the tower from the trap-laden Fortress and return it to the start.)