Minecraft!

Sousa

I tried the Minecraft Classic....it was ok, the I decided to make a bridge from two mountains, that was cool. Then I decided to make a wooden tower (3x3), and in the center? A giant hole into a cavern! The only way out is to follow the wooden blocks. The exit? Covered in bushes!

:shifty:

Is it possible to play the full game without paying?

Edit: I like making random holes, escaping, and then re-finding the hole.

I like my world... but after setting up shop and digging for 3 days (Kind of) I am yet to find coal.

I have iron, but no coal. So I just wait the night out in the dark. I think I'll make this into a mini fortress of some sort.

Of course it'll have lava somewhere on there... It makes the fort seem impenetrable, but you can just use the side door.

Edited by Rocky Feller

I don't mean pirate it...I meant try the full game, with the monsters and collecting supplies and stuff.

In the classic version...I decided to build a cabin in the mountains, then there was a breakaway wall....and BAM! Secret tunnel.

Edit: I built a cabin on top of a hill with a door, roof and everything!

SUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKSSSS!!!!

I was contemplating having a fire in my man-cave too. At least we know it doesn't affect Glass & brick.

I also learned today that you cannot use doors as floodgates with water :(

I wanted to use it with Lava as a trap for the monsters.

Try and trap them in a hole and using switches and Red-stone dust open a door for the lava to flow onto the creepies and kill em all!!!!

Edited by Rocky Feller

I like my world... but after setting up shop and digging for 3 days (Kind of) I am yet to find coal.

I have iron, but no coal. So I just wait the night out in the dark. I think I'll make this into a mini fortress of some sort.

Of course it'll have lava somewhere on there... It makes the fort seem impenetrable, but you can just use the side door.

I suggest you don't ''dig'' for coal and run around the game some more looking at rock faces and caverns.

If you wander around you can find loads of coal above ground.

I've gone from this...

bubble_system_007.png

...to this!

statelysousamanor_010.png

Stately Sousa Manor is now completely self-contained! I've obliterated the hill altogether, and the big fuck-off wall now keeps out all undesirables. I now have persistent sources of wood, water, wheat, and reeds inside, and there's an entrance to a massive cavern structure that still has a ton of unexplored tunnels inside. The interior is well lit enough that it doesn't spawn monsters at all, but the grassy areas mean that it does spawn animals. The little squared-off area with water in the middle is my swimming pool; the walkway around it is made of cloth, which I have in great supply thanks to the sheep that spawn inside my fortress.

I've got a lot of room to grow in there, and my plan is to build upward. With the original house now serving as more of a barracks with a tower attached, I'm thinking of going for luxury with the rest of the space: a larger, more luxurious place with multiple rooms, some of which are just there for aesthetics. Since the fortress is walled off, I now have the freedom to work safely at night as well, and if I should somehow die, I've built a house (you can barely see it on the right side of the second picture) around my spawn point, which is just outside the walls of the fortress. Down the road, I'll probably connect the spawn house to the fortress proper via underground tunnels and/or minecart tracks, but I kind of like it just sitting there on its own right now.

How do you build stairs like that?

It wasn't easy--basically, I was building towers of dirt upward just below and ahead of where I wanted to build, putting in as much of the staircase as I could (they're just wood planks), and then tearing the tower down and building another one a little further out. It was time-consuming, but for the second, higher track I was building over water, so there wasn't any threat of falling to my death.