Official British Update Thread

Here it is, the start of the British update.

Will clear the database and then add the promotions. From there it will be a case of working through and adding all the right people to the right places. Due to the fact I'm not biased, anyone international that could feasibly work in the UK (or Europe as I'm considering expanding to make Canada or Mexico represent Europe after we have the UK done) can be added.

At some point when a near-final database is released it would be nice if someone can do a pic pack (some will need cutting as there are a lot of guys in the UK that have not been in databases before).

Finally, any help at all with workers, relationships, teams, stables, staff, sponsors, TV, belts, events, owners or anything I've forgotten is much appreciated and welcome.

This is a from scratch database and is pretty much my 1st ever full database. I took on the project as I want a British Database, and there has been a small amout of recent interest on the forum.

• Like 1

Thought I'd post this up too... Credit to The Who, he posted this in the Recruitment thread. It is the promotion list.

NOTE - BWC Camp represents generic training camps in Britain... Any promotion with their own will get that instead (if suggested)

Frontier Wrestling Alliance (FWA)

Size: Cult

Based In: America (UK)

Money: 2500000

Image: 35

Risk: 65

Advertising: 30

Production: 50

Merchandising: 50

Development: None

Training Camp: BWC Training Camp

All Star Wrestling (ASW)

Size: Regional

Money: 1250000

Image: 55

Risk: 60

Advertising: 20

Production: 40

Merchandising: 20

International Pro Wrestling: UK (IPW:UK)

Size: Regional

Money: 1500000

Image: 40

Advertising: 20

Production: 40

Merchandising: 30

Futureshock Wrestling (FSW)

Size: Small

Money: 750000

Image: 45

Advertising: 15

Production: 30

Grand Pro Wrestling (GPW)

Money: 750000

Image: 45

Production: 30

World Association of Wrestling (WAW)

Money: 500000

Production: 25

XWA Wrestling (XWA)

Money: 600000

Premier British Wrestling (PBW)

Money: 400000

Image: 30

Pro Wrestling: EVE (EVE)

Money: 250000

Image: 20

Training Camp: Glamour Gym

Edited by Muppet92
  • Like 1

What's the time-frame for this? Ill get cracking on sponsors if you want... how many do we need? and what's the price range?

I've not set a deadline yet, it all depends how quick things can be found/done, but no major rush. If we take time and make it good it won't need an update as quickly.

Numbers wise I'm not sure. Enough for each "level" that there can be a few promotions at that level (ranging Backyard to Global). I'll leave it to your judgement, and if people say it's not enough we can add more (rather have too many than too few, because that gives option)

Money wise, whatever is reasonable for that company, and like above, some in each range.

• Like 1

What's the time-frame for this? Ill get cracking on sponsors if you want... how many do we need? and what's the price range?

I've not set a deadline yet, it all depends how quick things can be found/done, but no major rush. If we take time and make it good it won't need an update as quickly.

Numbers wise I'm not sure. Enough for each "level" that there can be a few promotions at that level (ranging Backyard to Global). I'll leave it to your judgement, and if people say it's not enough we can add more (rather have too many than too few, because that gives option)

Money wise, whatever is reasonable for that company, and like above, some in each range.

On it.

I'll bite even though these things generally never get off the ground. Good luck to you though.

The money for most of the promotions seems a little high, although I haven't played EWR for a long time so I can't quite remember the money side of things. But still, seems kinda high. You've got the FWA and All Star entirely the wrong way round. I'd question the idea of any promotion in the UK being at Cult level, but the FWA certainly isn't now. Bun it to regional, even then its probably too high, and make sure that All Star has a considerably higher public image than them. All Star is, without a doubt, the biggest promotion in the UK at the moment and has, really, been so for a good few years. All Star's risk should probably be lower and their merchandise and advertising considerably higher.

I'll bite even though these things generally never get off the ground. Good luck to you though.

The money for most of the promotions seems a little high, although I haven't played EWR for a long time so I can't quite remember the money side of things. But still, seems kinda high. You've got the FWA and All Star entirely the wrong way round. I'd question the idea of any promotion in the UK being at Cult level, but the FWA certainly isn't now. Bun it to regional, even then its probably too high, and make sure that All Star has a considerably higher public image than them. All Star is, without a doubt, the biggest promotion in the UK at the moment and has, really, been so for a good few years. All Star's risk should probably be lower and their merchandise and advertising considerably higher.

The list was suggested by The Who, who does the TEW updates (which contains Britain). If you suggest alternatives (use the same format for ease) then I'm happy to change things :)

• Like 1

Ok, completed promotion addition.

Need the following:

ASW - Logo & Banner

GPW - Logo & Banner

XWA - Banner

PBW - Logo & Banner

EVE - Logo & Banner

Edited by Muppet92
  • Like 1

Just noticed also mising FSW (logo/banner)

Banners aren't essential but people might like them in final release (I'll use RQW temporarily for those without them as RQW is an umbrella organisation in the UK similar to NWA).

Going to start worker research for each promotion soon. There is likely to be a list of wrestlers for each promotion that I'll just post on here in spoilers and we can stat them as we go along. Remember, stats are UK relative in this, so you compare them to each other and the top stat guys will be the best in Britain.

Edited by Muppet92

if you need pics just say who and i'll check my stock

Your Photobucket will be the 1st point of call, and then the various other ones in existance... And in the case of a lot of the lesser known guys (like WAW, as I know there are a few we will need and I can get the pics) we will get them cut just for this, or I'll give it a shot :)

Anyone know where there is a cut FSW logo?

Edited by Muppet92

Current needed list:

- Logo for FSW

- Banners for ASW, GPW, XWA, PBW, EVE and FSW

- Rosters for them all

- Stats for rosters

- Sponsors (Mj3 working on)

- TV

- Events

- Relationships

- Teams/Stables

- Belts

- Staff

Posting this so everyone knows what is left to do... This will get posted again in future with what is still left. Kinda running progress thing.

Edited by Muppet92

Looking at the website I'm happy for IWF I'm happy for them to go in as they look to have a decent size roster and to be very active. Currently only 9 promotions so any additions welcome :)

After Who's post, new "needed" list:

- Banners for ASW, GPW, XWA, PBW, EVE and FSW

- Rosters for them all

- Stats for rosters

- Sponsors (Mj3 working on)

- TV

- Events

- Relationships

- Teams/Stables

- Belts

- Staff

- Details on IWF (from DropkickNathan's post)

Futureshock Wrestling Roster

(Based off their roster and last 3 events).

Wrestlers

Adrenaline

Alex Cyanide - one half fof Lethal Dose

Alex Shane

April Davis

Axl Rage

Bruce Sheila

Carl Clinch - one half of Vitamin C

Chris Egan

Clinton Steele - one half of The Pack

Damon Leigh

Danny Evans

Danny Hope

Danny Sensation

Dave Breaks

Dirk Feelgood

Dom Travis - one half of The Pack

El Ligero

Hamish Campbell

Jack Gallagher

Jack Toxic - one half fof Lethal Dose

Jaqk Halewood

JD Sassoon

Jimmy O'Shea

Joey Hayes

Melanie Price

Mike Fitzgerald

Nate Colt

Raynaldo

Shanahan

Simon Valour

Sparx

The English Patriot

The Great Suzuki

The Nordic Warrior

Voodoo Jr.

Xander Cooper - one half of Vitamin C

Zack Gibson

Tag teams

Lethal Dose - Alex Cyanide & Jack Toxic

Vitamin C - Carl Clinch & Xander Cooper

The Pack - Clinton Steele & Dom Travis

Stables

The Hierarchy - Alex Shane, Clinton Steele, Dave Breaks, Dirk Feelgood, Dom Travis, Stixx

Edited by TheWho87