iDOM 2010 Released!

IDOL

Thanks alot. As I said when you were hyping it this will be the first fantasy scenario I actually play and I'm quite excited. I did a quick play through unemployed today just to see how hard it is to find a job (almost as hard as it is in real life) and get a sense of the world and which company I'd like to be. Now that I do and have my preferred promotions narrowed down I'm excited to get playing a real game.

I don't have it open in front of me but something I noticed when I was cruising through. Some promotion (Honolulu Championship Wrestling?)'s description says that its gone more violent and bloody since Abdullah the Butcher took over but the company itself is set to "Pure." Is that a mistake in the data or just an outdated description?

Edited by galacticgonzo

Couple of things I’ve noticed

Overness levels are all over the place, some people who are meant to be headliners in some feds become openers due to their overness levels. On another related note, Hulk Hogan has current popularity in an industry where he killed the WWF, I’m sure Mr. Nanny wasn’t that big a box office smash to make him 100% over for the last 25 years.

Would their be as many wrestlers in the “Entertainer” style if the WWF’s sports entertainment didn’t take off, I know TWE fills the gap of sports entertainment from the 90’s but wouldn’t the traditional wrestling style be more dominant in an NWA run world?

I'm not going to worry too much about workers being "entertainers" so much. Could you tell me which guys overness levels are messed up? I had already fixed the usual suspects like Benoit, Guerrero, and others who had passed away, but in my test runs I haven't noticed anything that stands out. As for Hogan he was supposed to have gone on to become Arnold schwarzenegger levels of an action star after devoting himself to acting.

I only brought it up cause it something I noticed.

Add a referee to CWF and change Mikey Batts to Referee Never, right now he gets turned into their referee after day one.

Also in regards to Hogan even if he became a Schwarzenegger level movie star there is no way he should be more popular than the NWA World champ who should be the most over guy in the game from the start but that’s my view on it.

In regard to the entertainer thing, its just a personal thing and I’m going to fix it myself for my own version anyway, I’ll send you a copy when I’ve finished if you wish to use any of it.

Here are a couple renames that might be handy to actually know who these people are since I put them originally under their real names in the database, feel free for any changes these are just their most known gimmicks they have used so far.

Zivile Raudoniene to Aksana

Trinity McCray to Naomi Night

Trenesha Biggers to Rhaka Khan

William Langston to Big E. Langston

Steven Slocum to Jackson Andrews

Anyone else a couple months into this and experiencing problems with a lot of promotions losing their tv deals? In all of my test games, I'd never experienced this, but now in a game I'm playing with TWE I'm into November and RFP has lost both shows, ECW lost theirs, as did a couple promotions in Japan and MCW lost iMPACT. Not sure if this is a fluke occurrence in this one game or if it is happening in others.

I haven't played yet but I think its a flaw in the TEW 2005 AI as It happens to me all the time in my real world games. Companies lose their deals, sign new deals, lose them within 2-6 months despite ratings that seem fine for their given networks. I don't know what it is. TV networks having a high standard even if its local channels? Promotions deciding its not worth re-upping a show that has 100 viewers and probably costs more to make then it brings in? Or maybe the AI just forgets to re-negotiate deals? I've even seen WWE lose RAW or SD a few times. So I suspect that's just the game.

Edited by galacticgonzo

Anyone else a couple months into this and experiencing problems with a lot of promotions losing their tv deals? In all of my test games, I'd never experienced this, but now in a game I'm playing with TWE I'm into November and RFP has lost both shows, ECW lost theirs, as did a couple promotions in Japan and MCW lost iMPACT. Not sure if this is a fluke occurrence in this one game or if it is happening in others.

The solution is making some promotions popularities a bit higher. That's how it's stopped doing that in the TEW2010 version.

Was Windy City supposed to be set to Traditonal? I figured they'd be Cutting Edge unless something changed after Punk and everybody else left for the bigger leagues.

On a smaller note, Christin Abel is set to Face when everybody else in the House of Truth is set to Heel.

And on the fun, lol TEW05 front, MVP beat Chris Jericho three days into a new game for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Good times.