SDM's Next Game

Okay, so, I am a little late; instead of doing the game set up when I got home, I went shopping instead; I needed pot(s)! Now that I can cook my own food, I am a happy SDM. :D

So, the game is as follows:

- 9 Player Game

- Semi-Open Set up:

There are 2 scum. 1 is a Mafia Don. He directs the kills. The other is a roleblocker, and can block any town actions. If the don dies, the roleblocker becomes the don, losing his ability to roleblock but gaining the ability to kill.

There are thus seven town. The town has the following roles:

A cop, who detects player alignment.

A naive cop, who will always return a town result no matter what.

A paranoid cop, who will always return a scum result no matter what.

An insane cop, who will always return the opposite of the players actual alignment.

An analyst, who is able to verify the sanity of any town cops if they are targeted.

A doctor, able to target one person each night (other than themselves) and protect them from a night kill.

A vigilante, who will kill a player they target at night.

Each town member, however, finds themselves waking up in an asylum. You are on a couch in an empty hallway. You are not sure how you got there. Are you a patient? Are you sane? Are you not? You do not know. You will need to determine your own ability, and sanity, through trial and error.

Only the scum know who they are and what they do. The town starts in the dark.

We will begin on Day One.

1. -A-

2. DFF/WFS

3. Pesci

4. Molly

5. The Evil Overlord

6. pizzamonkey

7. Ace

8. Split Second

9. Plubby

With 9 alive, 5 to lynch.

Scum PMs have been sent; if you don't have a PM, welcome to the wild world of being an amnesiac townie.

Do we have a stratergy for this? I mean, if all the investigators present their results at the same time, say, in two nights, then we can cross information and try and work out who is sane. And who gets the opposite alignments.

Obviously, if someone can prove the sanity of one our cops before that, they should.

This is going to be tricky.

Yes, I've contributed nothing to this game.

Besides running it.

Sending out all the PMs for it.

Oh, and I named it after me too. :P

Shut up pizza.

OK, so apparently we're dealing with a modified Dethy set up, which is going to require a lot more openness than I'm usually happy with once people start using this night abilities. Split's right, we're going to have to look at what results people get to figure who is who. The point that interests me, though, is this analyst role. Can't say I've ever heard of it before, and more to the point, surely whoever has it will know straight off the bat what their ability is, which should make things a little easier.

The point that interests me, though, is this analyst role. Can't say I've ever heard of it before, and more to the point, surely whoever has it will know straight off the bat what their ability is, which should make things a little easier.

Not necessarily. Apart from the analyst, there are 4 cops and 4 players who aren't (two town and two mafia.) That means that the analyst only has a 50% chance of getting a result on the first night (depending on who gets lynched today.)

Yeah, everyone is probably going to be left with 2/3 possible roles after a single result. A scum investigation result means sane, insane or paranoid cop. A town result means sane, insane or naive. No result means doc, analyst or (blocked/doctored) vig or cop.

One thing to remember is that the vigilante won't have any way of knowing who they are today, so he'll send in a target. That means that tomorrow, when we're trying to figure out roleblocking/investigation possibilities from the number of kills, we can be pretty sure that two kills were sent in.

I also like Split's idea.

I'm not sure what else there is to really say at this stage. Do you think it would be better to reveal all our results after the first night? Or is it worth gambling to wait and see what other results we get? I guess the problem is, if the analyst reveals himself, then the doc would have to decide whether it is worth defending them, or trying to get the sane cop.

I'm not sure about mass-revelation of results tomorrow. Seems like the scum's best chance is to fakeclaim one of the dead players and if every one of us has public information that'll be easier. I suppose the advantage of posting everything is that we can all better calibrate our abilities, but it stops one of us being able to catch scum in a lie.

If the analyst can peg one cop, we can probably figure out who the others are. And insane is just as useful as sane in this situation.

It'll take two results to even have a chance of figuring that out, though. That means it'll be Day Three before we can have useful information and the game could be over by then. If we don't hit scum today I think it's statistically likely (just about) that two townies die tonight and we're at lynch right or lose tomorrow. Plenty of random elements there to make things not so bleak, but chances are we'll have to lynch scum today or tomorrow.

I also think that this game set-up is heavily weighted in favour of the town and it'll take us fucking up to lose this. We have two useful investigators and the analyst who can also clear half the players. We have two broken cops who are already pretty much expecting bum information. We have a vigilante who will most likely kill one person before he realises his ability. We also have a pretty good ratio of 7 vs. 2. It's only that this game will be chaotic and short that doesn't favour us. If we keep calm and talk through the possibilities, we have the tools to win.