SDM's Next Game

Right now, our best bet is to No Lynch. If we're going to get any worthwhile info, the best shot we have is not losing any of the town roles. We've got roughly a 20% chance of lynching scum. If we No Lynch today, we glean almost all the role info (aside from the person killed/blocked) and we might be able to start working things out tomorrow. Randomly lynching now won't help our cause at all.

Vote: No Lynch

• Like 1

We've got roughly a 20% chance of lynching scum.

We've only got a 20% chance if we lynch someone randomly. If we lynch someone for scummy behaviour, after giving the day phase some time, we have better odds than that. I actually like No Lynches, but not as a strategic option on day one to avoid a difficult decision.

Change Vote: Ace

Lynching people for voting No Lynch doesn't work. There's no harm in voting for them, though. We all know that townies suggest them and that scum do too to try and gain townie cred. Regardless, I disagree with the idea of a No Lynch as a way of avoiding making a decision. So I voted for Ace.

Lynching people for voting No Lynch doesn't work. There's no harm in voting for them, though.

So... you want to vote for Ace but don't want to lynch him, is what you're saying? :mellow:

Change Vote: -A-

Voting for people who propose no lynches never, ever pays off and it's just flat-out fucking retarded.

This. This. This. This.

I was going to at least put the idea out there, but I know the reaction it brings. It never hurts to at least consider the idea.

No. Not this.

Vote:Pesci

Voting no lynch never, ever pays off and it's just flat-out fucking retarded. Voting for people who propose no lynches puts them on the spot and creates pressure, which could help us figure out if Ace is scum or not. I don't think Ace voting no lynch is scummy, but that doesn't mean he's not scum, and it doesn't mean he's not going to do something scummy under -A-'s pressure.

I called for the No Lynch, because it seems like we're not really going anywhere, and I didn't think us lynching, practically randomly, would be a smart idea. I still don't, and I still think No Lynch is our best option, if we're going to get the full use the town's abilities.

So we have people voting no lynch, then people voting for the people who vote no lynch, then people voting for the people who voted for the people that voted for no lynch, then people voting for the people that voted for the people that voted for the people that voted for no lynch?

I think I understand all that.:unsure:

Pressure vote: DFF/WFS

Someone suggesting the idea is different from trying to shove it down people's throats. I just don't buy that, as scum, Ace would make a move he knew would put him under suspicion.

Scum do it because they think it's a townie thing to do. That's because for some reason when you're scum you think townie behaviour has to be as timid and careful as possible. When you're town you're actually more prone to going out on a limb. I'm pretty happy with my vote.

Vote Count:

Ace: 1 (-A-)

-A-: 1 (Pesci)

Pesci: 1 (Pizzamonkey)

DFF: 1 (Molly)

No Lynch: 1 (Ace)

Five to lynch.

So, a no lynch can never pay off for the town because there's a 0% chance of finding scum. Right. But it CAN pay off because there's a 0% chance of losing a townie, especially when there's a glorified game of dethy going and it could be beneficial to have all your cops alive to report back.

The scum would fare a lot better to try their luck with a lynch, because although a no lynch is allowing them a free kill, it's fairly easy to avoid a lynch on the first day with no investigation results or "anything to go on", as EWB towns like to put it. They can get two townie deaths instead of one and be that much closer to winning. That's even more important in this game where the majority of townies have a solid ability.

Scum don't usually propose no lynches off the bat, certainly not because they think it makes them "blend in". I don't think anybody would think "quick, what move would clear me as a townie even though it gets shit EVERY TIME somebody suggests it?"

I also don't think scum would say "quick, what's a move that means we just give up our chances of a second kill today?"

I think jumping on somebody for proposing a no lynch is a much, much more common and more effective way of "blending in" and trying to appear as a townie. Nobody's going to argue with the "sound logic" that you don't find any scum when you vote for a no lynch. You also doesn't find any of the majority of townies in the game. I've never understood what makes it a scummy move. And as for the pressure vote thing, he's already explained his reasoning and it makes sense even if it does ignore the point of the game (to discuss and find scum) a little - what else is he gonna say? I genuinely don't understand what makes people keep jumping on others for voting for a no lynch when it never pays off and everything said about it being a scummy move is consistantly proven wrong.