The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

I read that West Ham are paying the entirity of Bridge's £70kpw wages (if that's even a real figure) to loan him. If so, lol them. Can they really afford to do that sort of thing?

Dear Chelsea Board,

In the newspapers today there is talk of your club making a £3m move for Steven Pienaar,

If this is in any way possible and you ignore it, then you are officially incapable of spending money wisely.

Yours sincerely,

Everyone In Football

Spurs linked with Phil Neville this morning. Bit of an odd one but I can see why Harry would think of something like this. Plug a gap before Walker.

Trying to seal the deal on that Beckham loan :shifty:

SWP linked with Fulham

Juventus link with Torres resurfaces (Amauri sent the other way ... right)

Craig Gordon latest GK to be linked with MU

Gooch to Twente on loan

Luis Suarez linked to 'Pool/Spurs (reported asking price 23m)

Genoa looking into Boselli of Wigan

Mertesacker doesn't want to leave Bremen :( ...

Pienaar's nearly 29, isn't he? That last thing Chelsea need is another older player.

You're talking about a side with precisely 16 senior outfield players in the squad. Chelsea need any player. Particularly a good one with masses of PL experience who comes as cheap as that.

Yeah, 3M is hardly going to impact things much, though I can't see Everton letting him go for that little unless his contract's up. Chelsea do need to start looking at seriously bolstering the squad though.

Also on another note, I was wondering why United don't go for Kasper Schmeichel? Every time I have seen him play he puts in a decent performance, he is young and I'm sure United would be his dream move. I wonder if he is on Fergie's radar at all?

Because they're the best team in the country and Kasper's a Championship player? Maybe once he proves himself at the top level (8 games for Man City doesn't count), but if they're looking for a genuinely top class goalie there's no way they'd go for him. On another note I'd imagine his surname would breed a much closer affinity to Man Utd than stints at Man City or Leeds could ever destroy.

Yeah, 3M is hardly going to impact things much, though I can't see Everton letting him go for that little unless his contract's up. Chelsea do need to start looking at seriously bolstering the squad though.

His contract is up in the summer. Most expect him to head off somewhere (Spurs?) on a free then, but the idea of a £3m bid now is to try and catch him first.

Luis Suarez linked to 'Pool/Spurs (reported asking price 23m)

If Suarez signs with Tottenham then that means that I'll have a player from my favorite World Cup team on both my home MLS team and my favorite Premier League team. I want this.

Wayne Bridge is present at Upton Park tonight for the game, so looks like the loan deal should be sealed tonight, or most likely tomorrow. 70k in wages though, that seems alot for a club like West Ham!

• Like 1