The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

The worst thing is, there are conflicting reports on the wage. I've seen sites that say 70k, but others saying 90k a week. I'm not sure what they'll be paying Bridge, but I do hope that if Bridge comes in, West Ham stay up, and he stays, he settles on a deal that pays less. That's probably a ridiculous thing to think with footballers and their egos, but oh well.

Well, if you are going to loan someone from Manchester City, you have to expect a large outlay.

I don't think he'll offer much difference for West Ham to be honest. Typical "well, he's English and played for the national team so he should be good". Especially considering his wages, there are better targets out there.

There are definitely much better targets out there, but he is at least an upgrade over what we have. Herita Ilunga hasn't been fit for months, Spector is awful on the left, and you can only play centre halfs out on the left for so long until wingers rip them to shreds. Definitely better backs out there to go after, but he's at least an upgrade over what we have. Sullivan and Gold are just too incompetent it seems to get some proper scouting going on. Hell, if you're looking at loans, I'd be trying for Kieran Gibbs or Fabio, a younger LB that won't be costing us much at all for 6 months. Then try and find a proper left back in the summer.

I think Fabio on loan would be a fantastic idea for them, personally. Gives him a chance to get games and gives West Ham a cheaper alternative at LB.

A club like West Ham? Well £70k p/w is completely over the top and excessive, that seems pretty spot on for them.

70k a week is alot of money, I think at West Ham only Kieron Dyer is on more, a ludacris 83k a week to be exact! Apart from that only Parker (£60k) and Upson (50k) are anywhere near, whilst the rest of the squad are under 35k a week. So I reckon 70k is alot of money to spend on a loan signing who ain't exactly gonna change their season, hopefully they'll be splitting the bill with City though.

• Like 1

We could use Fabio, after the West Brom debacle I don't see Gary Neville getting more game time and I am sure Fabio has played at right back more times then left back this season and sadly it seems like Wes Brown might be on his way out...O'Shea is injured as well.

Tottenham haven't given up on signing Phil Neville and also maybe in for Steven Pienaar and Mark van Bommel too, according to the morning papers. Also Arsenal are looking for a center-back and both Sol Campbell and Matthew Upson have been linked with a return to the club.

• Like 1

I know Fabio would be playing every week for West Ham, getting experience, but as has been said, we need him for cover.

...my main point though is that more often than not, when players leave Utd on loan, they rarely return and earn a place in the team before being loaned again/shipped out - these days, at least.

Cleverley and Welbeck will change that hopefully.

I wanna take Welbeck back now me, I think we'll need him in the run in. Cleverley is looking ace too, I only wanna call him back if we have too, would much prefer him to see out the season at Wigan and keep improving, then have a full pre-season with us next season and then into the first team squad.

• Like 1

There are definitely much better targets out there, but he is at least an upgrade over what we have. Herita Ilunga hasn't been fit for months, Spector is awful on the left, and you can only play centre halfs out on the left for so long until wingers rip them to shreds. Definitely better backs out there to go after, but he's at least an upgrade over what we have. Sullivan and Gold are just too incompetent it seems to get some proper scouting going on. Hell, if you're looking at loans, I'd be trying for Kieran Gibbs or Fabio, a younger LB that won't be costing us much at all for 6 months. Then try and find a proper left back in the summer.

Exactly, there are so many better targets out there, but in terms of someone who can hopefully just ... strengthen/upgrade the defence, it's a start.

Sky Sports News have just shown pictures of Yakubu arriving at Leicester as the Everton striker looks to tie up a loan move to the Walkers Stadium.

Skysports.com understands Doncaster have signed Sunderland defender Matthew Kilgallon on loan.

Edited by Jordan

Sir Alex and Commoli both spotted at the last Southampton game watching Alex Chamberlain, a bid could be in within 48 hours.

Would be a good signing for either club aslong as the price is right, but I think he'd fair better under the wing of Fergie. Not seen much of the lad but like everyone I've heard great things, he is still very young mind so a big jump up the leagues could be hard for him. If a signing does take place, maybe a loan back to Southampton for the rest of the season maybe on the cards.

I'm kinda getting fed up with the 'DAVID BECKHAM IS TRAINING WITH SPURS' thing that has been pretty much all over Sky Sports News every day. Yes he's training with Spurs, he may or may not sign a loan deal with them. He's also looks like Badly Drawn Boy in the Spurs training kit.