The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

"Everton have agreed a fee with Tottenham over the possible sale of South Africa midfielder Steven Pienaar."

Looks like he's on his way then, but whether Chelsea or Spurs?

As for Darren Bent, £18million sounds alot to me, but you can guarantee the lad will score goals and that is something Villa are lacking at the moment. If they have the money to splash out then it will be a good signing for them.

• Admin

Collymore has always talked shite. Pay no heed!

Glad to see we agreed a fee for Pienaar. Was only £1m difference, it'll be worth it I'm sure.

Bent's accumulated transfer fees must be something ridiculous already but should this go through then it would go through the roof!

The neutral in me is thinking that Bent leaving is a shame, they could really have pushed for a Europa League place had he stayed... and now I see them sliding down the table whilst their replacement signings (if any) settle in.

The Newcastle fan in me is laughing so hard that I've urinated a little.

"Everton have agreed a fee with Tottenham over the possible sale of South Africa midfielder Steven Pienaar."

Looks like he's on his way then, but whether Chelsea or Spurs?

His signature with Spurs was virtually guaranteed the moment Everton accepted their bid. He hasn't been able to agree personal terms with Chelsea - most likely due to wages - and there's unlikely to be a sudden change in that.

Another day in the Window then, lets see whats being said in the morning press;

"Zoltan Gera has admitted he would like to leave Fulham after becoming frustrated with his lack of opportunities under Mark Hughes."

"West Ham are being linked with a shock move for former player Joe Cole from Liverpool, according to The Sun."

"Widespread reports suggest Aston Villa are closing in on a £24million move for Darren Bent with Sunderland boss Steve Bruce ready to use the funds to bring in three new signings."

"Blackburn Rovers have completed the signing of Schalke midfielder Jermaine Jones on a six-month loan."

"Sunderland have been linked with Jay Bothroyd after Cardiff manager Dave Jones revealed that an approach for the striker from an unnamed club has been rejected."

"According to reports in the Leicester Mercury, Championship club Leicester have made an audacious bid to sign Thierry Henry on loan. Henry is currently training at former club Arsenal as he prepares for the start of the new MLS season with the New York Red Bulls in March."

"Blackburn Rovers defender Christopher Samba claims Aston Villa have made contact with his club regarding a possible transfer. Samba is unsettled at Ewood Park after expressing his disappointment at the decision of new owners Venky's to sack Sam Allardyce as manager."

Edited by Jordan

"West Ham are being linked with a shock move for former player Joe Cole from Liverpool, according to The Sun."

Ahahahaha.

I laugh, but it sounds like the sort of nonsense that Gold and Sullivan would dream up. :shifty:

Liverpool suits Joe. They can be deluded about the respective abilities as one.

Benitez destroyed him. Made him rusty. :angry:

Rafa didn't even want him it was plain to see, it was a Hicks/Gillett signing.

Robbie Keane has missed the oppertunity to play for his "boyhood club" as Birmingham have pulled out of the deal

Jermaine Jones has gone on loan to Blackburn for the rest of the season

Sven's trying to get Thierry Henry on loan from New York

Rumours of Babel going out on loan to Ajax as part of a transfer deal involving Luis Suarez coming to Liverpool

Dzekos went to Manchester City thats probably the biggest signing.

Pienaar looks set to leave Everton to either Chelsea or Spurs for about 2/3mil what with his contract running out

Bent looks set to leave Sunderland for Aston Villa for about £18mil rising to about £24mil I think, but theres rumours of a possible Chelsea bid for him.

Thats about it really then you got the usual fringe players moving about, loan deals etc and then the rumours.

Bent will be a Villa player by 5pm this evening. Last Friday a Villa ITK said massive news about a big deal for a striker was going to break within a number of days, and so it did. They also state everything has been signed, he has passed a medical and even started looking for a flat in Birmingham, contrary to reports he was off back to London. They are still talking with Sunderland over how the initial £18m is going to be paid.