The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

Sky are saying Liverpool have sent a car to pick up Charlie Adam. So Adam, Carroll and Suarez in and Torres, Babel and Konchesky out apparently.

If Cheslea are going to buy Torres. Give us Benayoun back! :shifty:

Funnily enough West Ham were offered Carroll back in 2009 for £1m but Steve Clarke didn't rate him.

I also hope we get Bradley in soon. He looks like a great player.

He's grown 10 fold in the last 2 years and is only getting better. I think he's more suited for the Bundesliga but I've got every reason to think he'll do very, very well at Villa. I can't wait to see him play in the EPL.

£14m for Charlie Adam. o_0

He's grown 10 fold in the last 2 years and is only getting better. I think he's more suited for the Bundesliga but I've got every reason to think he'll do very, very well at Villa. I can't wait to see him play in the EPL.

He was great in the World Cup. Ireland has went mental again and we need someone to come in. The only bad thing I've heard about him is he gets a lot of yellow cards, but we need someone with aggression and determination in our midfield and he will be just fine.

Edited by ONO

£14m for Charlie Adam. o_0

He was great in the World Cup. Ireland has went mental again and we need someone to come in. The only bad thing I've heard about him is he gets a lot of yellow cards, but we need someone with aggression and determination in our midfield and he will be just fine.

He did early on, but as he's grown he's learned how to channel the aggression much better. That's not to say he won't have a match here and there in which he "blows up" so to speak, because he does have that personality. He's a CDM mindest with a more offensive skill set. The man is a workhorse.

• Like 1

Apparently Carroll put in a transfer request this afternoon, which Newcastle "reluctantly" accepted.

So you replace one bastard with another. I remember the days when strikers weren't all twats :shifty:

Kidding aside, I find the irony that Torres waits until the end of the transfer window to make moves and then so does Liverpool and coincidently Carroll does too.

Why do all these clubs wait until the end of the window to do business? It's like Christmas shopping - do it earlier and avoid disappointment!

Edited by XEON BSIG

I'm surprised that were actually you know trying to improve the squad and buy people in January. Normally we'll just sell people or loan them out while possibly getting someone like Maxi Rodriguez for like £1mil.

I've finally stopped seething about the Carroll deal >_>

I just hope that Newcastle won't panic buy a striker that's available for Owen, Samaras, Heskey etc. would see us relegated.

We can probably finish off the rest of the season with Ranger and Ameobi... but it's really annoying that we never made a bid for Jay Bothroyd, a proven Championship player whose contract is running out at the end of the season.