The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

None of you seriously believe Ronaldinho is going to end up at Ewood Park do you?

12 years ago people would have said Kluivert would never have went to Newcastle. :shifty:

Are you really making that comment? Do I really have to point out the difference between Bobby Robsons European football playing, top 5 Newcastle United side buying a player who'd recently played (and scored, cheers Titus) against them in the Champions League, versus a midtable Premier League team making wacky bids for big name players to sell shirts?

Appears Birmingham are making the bid to take Robbie K.

Not that many people care, and most will probably laugh but:

Turkish Super League leaders Trabzonspor have snapped up Polish international twins Piotr and Pawel Brozek from Wisla Krakow on three-and-a-half year deals.

Pawel is someone I always wanted to see over if not for a club outside of the "fringe" European leagues.

Speculation about LA wanting Luca Toni.

None of you seriously believe Ronaldinho is going to end up at Ewood Park do you?

12 years ago people would have said Kluivert would never have went to Newcastle. :shifty:

Are you really making that comment? Do I really have to point out the difference between Bobby Robsons European football playing, top 5 Newcastle United side buying a player who'd recently played (and scored, cheers Titus) against them in the Champions League, versus a midtable Premier League team making wacky bids for big name players to sell shirts?

Could you see Beckham leaving a Liga winning Real Madrid to play for LA Galaxy?

Just to defend Keane and the "boyhood club" thing. It's not uncommon for Irish people to select an English Premier League team and support them from their youth as well as being a diehard Celtic fan too just because of the Catholic thing. I know many people are eqaully as passionate for Man Utd/Liverpool and Celtic.

Me, I couldn't give a toss about Celitc, been a Newcastle fan alone since I was 4 years old, for family reasons. I hate that whole Catholic/Protestant thing behind the Old Firm, but Celtic are huge over here.

Birmingham are currently in talks with Spurs and are close to signing robbie keane, pending a medical, at a value of £7 million pounds [71]. Quote "It's been a childhood ambition of mine to play for Birmingham"

Someone got in there already on Wiki. Nice to see Robbie going to yet another of his childhood favorite clubs! :shifty:

It didn't help that Young made the stupid decision in the summer to anounce a £40 Million 'war chest' which we didn't spend of for for two reasons:

1) McLeish cleary thought only minor improvements were needed (and gambled on Zigic settling better than he did). Which you can see the logic there, while we overachievd last season (i.e. a relegation side finishing 9th) we couldn't count on that again. So we bought back up and a couple of gambles.

2) Any well known player we went for would suddenly go up in price by a few million because we've outright said "we're loaded, feel free to rip us off" And McLeish didn't want to spend stupid money on average players.

The £7 Million figure I guess is a combination of it being January so prices are a bit higher than they should be and McLeish knowing we'll have to pay over the odds anyway thanks to Young and resigning himself to the fact.

Larsson might be on his way to Newcastle ... boooo

Arsenal now have supposed interest in Falcao (which I'd love, but I don't see that at all), are supposedly the favorites for Hazard (yet another teen wonder boy), Atletico - Malga - Galatasary all supposedly interested in taking Almunia off our hands (please/thank you).

• Admin

Tottenham Hotpsur have completed the transfer of Bongani Khumalo.

Good signing. More cover for the defence for when we lack King + Woodgate and Gallas can't keep going forever. Hopefully I'll get to have a look at him vs. Charlton on Sunday.

Fulham are now in pole position to secure the signature of Steve Sidwell.

Villa looking to sign Wayne Bridge and Man City are ready to do business as Pablo Zabaleta's suspension was overturned. John Carew is likely to stay at Villa now due to Emile Heskey's suspension.

Micah Richards has confirmed that he wants regular first team football and is prepared to leave Man City to get it.

Valon Behrami is on the verge of leaving West Ham for Fiorentina on a four-year deal.

Rangers have accepted a bid of around £700k from Birmingham for Kenny Miller.

And lower down the leagues, Reading are the latest club to have bid for Swindon striker Charlie Austin.

EDIT - The word on the Twitterverse is that David Bentley is set to join Birmingham on loan initially.

That Tottenham signing only serves to further baffle me as to why Chelsea can't make deals like that. Quite why we always end up spending £15m+ on our squad players and can't get ever someone random for a third of that price (and save the money for actual big important signings that currently don't happen at all), I don't know.

What is Samba like? I've never really watched him.

Samba is an awesome centre back. Quick, strong and good on the ball. He can have the odd prone to mistake and he isn't an organiser of a defence (that's why he doesn't look as good next to anyone else than he does with Nelsen). I can't see why he would to go to Villa when he could go to a much better club, mind.

• Admin

Dzeko to Man City is a done deal. Not registered to play against Leicester so will have to wait for the Wolves game.

Luke Moore leaves West Brom for Swansea; and the Sidwell/Fulham deal is complete (initially a six month contract with a view towards a 2014 extension).

On a side note - Anders Lindegaard, the new Man Utd goalie. Is he any good? Has anybody seen him play?.