The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

Lindegaard for me is a bit of a gamble, he's 26 and never played outside of Denmark/Norway. The last year or so though he has shown some good form that got him in the Denmark squad and earned him his first caps. However good form in the Norweigan top division isn't necessarily gonna be all it takes to succeed in the Premier League, not to mention being Man United's #1, which over the years has been a hard role to fill (Bar Schmeichel/Van Der Sar of course). So answer to your question is I have seen him play and his recent form suggests he has potential, but I doubt he'll make it at United.

What I think will happen is Tomasz Kuszack will be moving on this transfer window and Lindegaard will be replacing him, Van Der Sar will go at the end of the season(sadly) and then we'll go in for someone more established ending up with a new 1st choice goalie,Lindegaard and Amos.

I agree with that Future. Not sure who we'll get in though, Reina would be a dream signing but I very much doubt it. Julio Cesar from Inter is someone I've heard thrown around in the transfer gossip last few weeks, I think he would be a good signing, but I really do think we are gonna struggle to replace Van Der Sar.

Agreed, goalkeeper is the hardest position to replace and Van Der Sar was so different from others in the way that he has good technique, Rio and him always exchanged passes in very tight positions something which is a big risk when the backup goalies are playing.

I certainly hope Lindegaard is up to it otherwise we might be seeing a repeat of the Roy Carrol/Tim Howard being continuously rotated.

Agreed, goalkeeper is the hardest position to replace and Van Der Sar was so different from others in the way that he has good technique, Rio and him always exchanged passes in very tight positions something which is a big risk when the backup goalies are playing.

I certainly hope Lindegaard is up to it otherwise we might be seeing a repeat of the Roy Carrol/Tim Howard being continuously rotated.

Schmeichel has said several times now that Lindegaard isn't good enough to replace Van der Sar, and I think he's man we should listen to. Just buy Stekelenburg, he easily replaced Van der Sar in the Dutch national team, was one of the best, if not the best goalie of the World Cup, he can do it at Man Utd as well.

Stekelenburg looks a good signing on paper, and granted yes he did have an excellent World Cup, but moving from Ajax #1 to United #1 is a whole different story. Good keepers have come to United before and failed because of the pressure it entails (Tim Howards is the immediate one that comes to mind, look how well he is doing out of the limelight at Everton). It will take a very special talent to fill the void once Van Der Sar and hung up the gloves, hopefully it won't take us 5 or 6 years to fill that void like when Schmeichel left in 1999.

The situation is really interesting, no clue who we'll bring in to replace VDS. Buffon is of course the one person I'd love and it's possible that it could happen. The keeper situation at Juve is an interesting one and Buffon recovering well from injury and getting to fitness by the end of the season will be something to keep an eye on. We're seemingly the only club he'd even consider coming to, though his loyalty to Juve is something that I could see being the barrier in between him joining us.

Bolton are set to conclude a £2m transfer for Middlesbrough centre-half David Wheater. Great signing for them that is, him and Cahill will be very solid together.

I'm glad it is Bolton and not Stoke, West Ham or Wolves. Though it is sad to see him go, I am very happy for Wheater. He deserves Premiership Football.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

Stekelenburg looks a good signing on paper, and granted yes he did have an excellent World Cup, but moving from Ajax #1 to United #1 is a whole different story. Good keepers have come to United before and failed because of the pressure it entails (Tim Howards is the immediate one that comes to mind, look how well he is doing out of the limelight at Everton). It will take a very special talent to fill the void once Van Der Sar and hung up the gloves, hopefully it won't take us 5 or 6 years to fill that void like when Schmeichel left in 1999.

Yeah, because putting on a good performance in the World Cup final against the World #1 and European Champions and favorites in everybody's mind (including most realistic Dutch people) doesn't entail any pressure.

Yeah, because putting on a good performance in the World Cup final against the World #1 and European Champions and favorites in everybody's mind (including most realistic Dutch people) doesn't entail any pressure.

Yes there would of been an immense ammount of pressure playing in such a massive game, but having that amount of pressure every week playing for the biggest club in the World in the best league in the World, where every little error or mistake is scrutinised to the nth degree, now to cope with that takes a very special player. And I'm not saying he couldn't cope with that, I'm just saying it's a big leap from Ajax to Man United, the Dutch premier division isn't exactly amongst Europe's elite is it?

Also on another note, I was wondering why United don't go for Kasper Schmeichel? Every time I have seen him play he puts in a decent performance, he is young and I'm sure United would be his dream move. I wonder if he is on Fergie's radar at all?

Edited by Jordan

Great, Luke Moore has fucked off to Swansea. If he was here any longer, I would have glady piggy backed the bastard to Wales free of charge.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. His brother drives a black cab around Birmingham at the weekends.

Also on another note, I was wondering why United don't go for Kasper Schmeichel? Every time I have seen him play he puts in a decent performance, he is young and I'm sure United would be his dream move. I wonder if he is on Fergie's radar at all?

You're wondering why MANCHESTER UNITED haven't made a bid for a MANCHESTER CITY trainee who is currently at LEEDS UNITED?