Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

You don't play in first person :o To me third person is unbearable in the game.

I've never been a fan of first person, I think most FPS' have ruined it even more for me. Plus, it annoys me that you can spend a while designing your character, then never see their fucking face because there's no mirrors in all of Skyrim <_< I know it's practically sacrilege in TES, but I find it annoying to play like that, thus my thought to change to archery, where FPS would be a benefit to the play style.

I always move around the world in third person and do 90% of combat in first person. I like being able to see how my character looks, but as someone else said the combat in third person is really just...off. Anyway....I've tried every kind of character build I can think of sans barehand but I think I like sneaky characters the best. Using the backstab/daggers is fun, but ridiculously overpowered (one hit pretty much anything) especially at the high levels. Sneaky archers are a lot of fun, but take some getting used to. The nice thing about it is that the game feels almost like an entirely different game when you're playing a sneaky type vs straight melee character, at least to me.

I've also tried straight magic characters and while they're more versatile than melee and sneak characters the damage (since it's tied directly to a finite spell damage number) isn't nearly what some of the other classes do. Ultimately in combat I end up using Incinerate with both hands and the stun skill that I forget the name of, and it works but sometimes feels like a sword or bow would be quicker.

Overall though it's very doable. If they really wanted to balance things out, they probably should make the "magic armor" spells have a little bit longer of a duration. As it is now, I never use them because switching to the armor spell and then back to the damage spell just isn't worth it for how often it would need to be done.

I only switch to third person to show off my armor, or to watch one of the drunken fistfighters veinly attempt to hurt my character as I eat a sandwich.

Though it's kind of a cool pose to jump on the coverings of the kiosk shops in the Whiterun's commercial hub and crouch down.

Okay, Bosmer are weird. They don't believe in using plants for their own ends, but use bows (a largely wood based weapon), and have bonus points in alchemy :huh:

EDIT: Fuck it, after reading up on Khajiit, they'll be more fun to roleplay, plus they're naturally better stealthers, meaning earlier combat will be better. They also have a melee bonus and night vision, which will make archery and the occasional close combat significantly easier (as well as meaning that I'll have to carry around less for close combat).

I've basically forced myself into wearing fur armour for the rest of the game, and I'm going to use that to explain why I'm allowed inside holds, because my character is pretending that the tail is part of the armour, because he killed a "filthy, stinking, thieving Khajiit".

My starting rule is (spoilers within, obviously, or it wouldn't be in tags):

I cannot enter any hold except Whiterun until I earn a Dragon Priest mask to hide my face (which will be a while, I have to defeat a level 50 Dragon Priest at Shearpoint). The only reason Whiterun is an exception is because The Companions, impressed by my help with taking down the giant, have given my name/face to the Whiterun guard to allow my safe passage.

I wandered into a really beautiful place the other day. I think it's to the west and a little south of Whiterun. It's a glade I think - roofless cave with a beautiful little lake/waterfall, trees, grass, lovely lovely. Full of bears and spriggan though.

That feeling when a dragon fights you while you're in Werewolf form and you rip it into shreds with ease, then whip around and kill the two trolls that decided to join in.

So I finished the Companions arc. And FINALLY got 100 Blacksmith.

Not sure if the Companions side missions repeat themselves. If not, I'm going to finish up those before going to the Theives Guild. I need a fence for my trunk full of loot and I'm still not at 90 speech yet.