Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Hell, I only eat if it brings me under the weight limit.

Also, Cicero is awesome.

Basic Needs is what the game is missing. It would definitely make it more immersive and suddenly make a whole chunk of the game (cooking pots, innkeepers etc) actually useful. The last time I ate anything in game was probably 50-60 game days ago.

I kinda feel if you're going to enjoy those things than you're probably already doing them. It's immersive stuff for people who want to actually roleplay, making it essential just seeks to alienate some of the gamers, why bother?

Edited by Vamp
  • Like 1

Basic Needs is what the game is missing. It would definitely make it more immersive and suddenly make a whole chunk of the game (cooking pots, innkeepers etc) actually useful. The last time I ate anything in game was probably 50-60 game days ago.

I kinda feel if you're going to enjoy thsoe thing than you're probably already doing them. It's immersive stuff for people who want to actually roleplay, making it essential just seeks to alienate some of the gamers, why bother?

No, I never ate anything until I got the basic needs mod.

Eurgh, fuck that. It wasn't fun in GTA, and it won't be fun in Skyrim.

Depends, when i think back to the ultima online days. It´s just for a different breed of player than the average "zOGM big titles release mom gimmy munniz kthx bye" kid. It´s cool that the option to ad it in as a real gameplay simulation mechanic is there.

Eurgh, fuck that. It wasn't fun in GTA, and it won't be fun in Skyrim.

Agreed. At least in GTA it sort of could be ignored and you wouldn't die (I dont recall anyway), but the last thing I want in a game like skyrim is more 'doing shit for the sake of it'. I don't need, nor want, a game where I'm just living out my life on a game, albeit a more badass version of me doing badass things.

A Sony support team is working closely with Bethesda to bring Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC to PS3. Dawnguard launched on the Xbox 360 in June and on PC in August. Bethesda previously notes that Skyrim is a "massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources" and it's not sure if it will be able to reach a resolution on the DLC with Sony.

Sony's Adam Boyes echoes that sentiment to Kotaku. "We work with all of our partners to try and solve their problems," Boyes says. "We have a big, broad dev support team that works closely with Bethesda – and with all of our partners – to work with them to solve any sort of issues they have along the way.

"Of course, I always want everything to work always for everyone. I can't promise any kind of resolution or timeline but can say that everyone involved is trying their best to get this stuff working."

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/09/sony-has-a-big-dev-support-team-working-with-bethesda-on-dawng/

Dusted this one off recently after my work put me out in the boondocks for a month. Racked up a hefty 150 hours since then and quite enjoyed it. Installed a few mods I quite like (Monster Mod and Civil War are my favorites) and beefed up the graphics as well.

Then, I corrupted my save game and had to start again. Suddenly less into it :-/

Basic Needs definitely upped the immersion for me. Yeah, it got in the way of battles, but that was one reason I liked it. It made it seem like every little edge was super important. I would have liked it even more if it compressed time in battles but made it more difficult to eat/drink while fighting, that way you'd still need to eat/drink to be at top strength in a fight but you're less likely to get hungry mid-battle. Also, getting some use out of cooking gave me something to do in towns.

The immersion mods do look good. I've also liked a few that have added the ambient life that the game tends to lack. People wandering the roads, more bandits, adventuring groups, a more diverse ecosystem etc.

It's a shame there aren't any of the amazing Unique Landscapes mods that really shone in Oblivion.

The other night I loaded up Skyrim for the first time in two months with the intention of finally starting a new Nord pure-mage character that I've been banging on about for ages only to decide at the last minute to be an Argonian...something....after a couple of hours gameplay I still have no idea what.

But I've decided that he likes flowers. An Argonian florist? I can just skip through the mountains and field picking wild flowers and running the fuck away from bandits? I spent an enchanted evening picking lavender and cabbages; while plucking butterflies and Torchbugs out of the sky.

• Like 3

I've read a blog where a guy is playing as a pure illusionist. No combat spells - only illusions. Intriguing premise, but I can't imagine it's much fun.

• 2 weeks later...