Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

I don't think they've announced anything yet - but a lot of the features that eventually did show up were from the Gamejam demo that they showed off months back - so we can likely expect stuff on that list like spears, flying mounts and some other neat ass stuff.

Skyrim is something I don't think I'll ever really trade in. They still sell it for a price that's pretty high, even used but I assume the value on the trade has gone quite down.

I'm hardly any distance through the main story at all because I just like to walk around, watching the big elephants strolling around in the plains, watching the wind whip the snow off the cliffs in the icy north, exploring the murky, wet paths in the south and skipping around catching fireflies on clear nights. Why in such a rush? I play the game to just relax half the time.

The latest patch finaly arived for PS3 as it seems. PSN is SO slow today... 100mb already downloading for half an houre...

Whats the patch do? Will we finally get Dawnguard?

That has already been on xbox for a cupple of weeks now. ;)

I know but it hasn't been released for either PC o PS3 yet so that is why I mentioned it. ;)

Also, I play the game the same way as Hammy. I think I've progressed the main story like, two times and I am almost level 30. I've just been wandering around, exploring, doing side quests and whatever, punching dragons in the mouth.

Im my random travels Around Skyrim, I have only encountered a Dragon once and it wasnt at a very good time :(. I cant be arsed doing quests so just go around explorin :D

Just had an awesome experience in-game again... seriously, it's the random encounters and crazy shenanigans those encounters bring that keep me coming back, moreso than the quests and storyline. Never played a game that can hook me on the side-experiences stronger than the primary story before.

Anyway, just stumbled upon Katla's Farm after a lot of on-foot exploration and cave/dungeon crawling. Decided to settle down for awhile, absolutely breathtaking scenery in the area so I was exploring and generally taking in the view, absolutely in awe at how beautiful it all was. Stayed the night in the lighthouse (against the wishes of the Khajiit owner) and did some more exploring. Was thinking it might be nice to try and set up shop in the town for awhile, help with the farm, do a little side-life thing for a bit.

Just as my Dragonborn was settling in, getting comfortable, really starting to adjust to town life... a blood dragon is spotted on the mountainside near town. The townspeople turning, shouting for help, guards with bows drawn, Solitude guards preparing at the walls... and there I am, staring at this thing, thinking "Guess it's back to the grind again". I charge in after the dragon and team up with the guards, just arrows flying everywhere to bring it down. Determined not to let anyone die, I'm basically sprinting after this thing when it lands to keep its attention on me. I'm a Nord so I'm resistant to frost-based attacks, and it's spewing frost everywhere.

We take the thing down, and sure enough my last arrow fired is the one that kills it, and Skyrim does that slow-motion killcam thing and I watch the arrow slam into the dragon's chest and send it toppling. As the dragon dies and the guards go passive again, one of the guards makes a comment while I'm absorbing the dragon's soul: "If those guards in Whiterun can take down a dragon, so can we."

I've heard guards say that line a thousand times before but damn it, when that guard said it literally RIGHT after killing the dragon, it felt so defiant and filled with pride. There was another still marveling that I was the Dragonborn at the same time... just an awesome, awesome moment all-around.

I don't know if I'll ever finish Skyrim, but I can definitely say that I'll be playing it for a very long time-- longer than I've played any other singleplayer game before at least. There's always something to keep me coming back.

Yeah, the side-quests and random encounters are the most interesting part of it. But really, now that I've done a ton of them and explored so much, I really just want to get on with the game and see what fucking happens because I know a lot more work has been put into the actual main story than even some of the bigger side-quests. What I enjoy even more though, is that I've already spent over a 100 hours on this game (probably 80 or so with my current character) and I haven't even thought about installing a mod or getting any of the expansions yet. Mind you, there are some great mods out there - The Elder Scrolls Places looks especially interesting. In general it is a lore friendly mod that adds places from The Elder Scrolls: Arena to Skyrim.

And yes, Nords rock. Even if I did join up with the Stormcloaks. :shifty:

Filthy Stormcloak rebel!

... granted, I still have supported neither side. I'm anti-Stormcloak ever since they attacked me in one of their encampments for not choosing a side, but I'm not pro-Legion because I don't support punishing Talos worshippers either. I've not had the friendliest encounters with the Thalmor to say the least.

Also I'm still on a purge-all-of-the-Forsworn self-imposed mission. Could take awhile.

Well, I only chose the Stormcloak side because my current character is a Nord and I wanted to see what the missions actually was and how it would affect the world. But yeah, Stormcloaks and Ulfric's supporters are generally an insufferable bunch. Then again, the Imperial Legion are a bunch of pansies. So I figure that for my next character, which will probably be an Orc or something, I will not take a stand and just go mad with murder on everything that stands in my way - dual-wielding axes, here we go!

I've always been a fan of doing Dark Brotherhood and then Legion.

Because the logic of being the guy who tried to kill the Emperor and then the guy who tries to lead them to glory in the Civil War cracks me up everytime.

I will say the quests in the Civil War are pretty good though, but that's generally the case in every storyline.

I'm aligned to the Stormcloaks but not done much for them. I went for them purely because I'm a Nord and it seemed to make sense for storyline reasons ( :shifty: ) and my character would definitely be pro-Talos worship.

However I'm not a fan of their racism and pillaging style so I would probably have been a rubbish Viking in real life. I saved the game and then started the battle for Whiterun which left me feeling pretty depressed cos Whiterun has always been my home (even though now I've just moved to Solitude) and to see the barricades, flames and my mrs running away was pretty bleak. So I reloaded the old save game and in the hundred or whatever hours since then I've refused to progress the civil war story.

It did mean I was stuck with Ulfric's stupid war axe for aaaages though as you can't store it but then I realised that I could put it onto one of the weapon plaques on the wall of my Solitude mansion. Brilliants.