Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Sell it while you still get money for it. I soled my PS3 copy on ebay over the weekend and should have my PC Copy in mail tomorrow for about the same price.

I think i´ll pick up both major DLCs when they are on sale. No need now that i have to start a new save anyway, let alone ever got close to doing much more than the mage guild quests on PS3. Heartfire on the other hand might be something i want to have right away.

First video of the online game.

First impression.

1. Looks absolutely gorgeous.

2. Gameplay feels like every MMORPG ever made. (+ there will be tons of ideots since it´s a big name release)

So at that point i was like. Looks like it will do just fine with out me. At least if it´s not free to play i think i rather play a offline Elderscrolls game and enjoy the rich beautiful game on my own. But than...

3. PVP Battels. This looks over the top epic. (and i say that in the full knoledge of that word being overused on the web) If i don´t get the game day one, i will defnetly pick it up at some point were it gets cheaper to play the PVP once.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

First video of the online game.

First impression.

1. Looks absolutely gorgeous.

2. Gameplay feels like every MMORPG ever made. (+ there will be tons of ideots since it´s a big name release)

So at that point i was like. Looks like it will do just fine with out me. At least if it´s not free to play i think i rather play a offline Elderscrolls game and enjoy the rich beautiful game on my own. But than...

3. PVP Battels. This looks over the top epic. (and i say that in the full knoledge of that word being overused on the web) If i don´t get the game day one, i will defnetly pick it up at some point were it gets cheaper to play the PVP once.

Eh... the game looks great and all. I just am not that excited about it. I like Elder Scrolls because it plays like a MMORPG w/o the online aspect. Personally I wish they would just continue the franchise with games every year or two.

• 3 weeks later...

Dragonborn will be out for PC and PS3 next year sais bethesda himself, in person, naked.

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/12/03/dragonborn-coming-tomorrow-to-xbox-live-coming-to-ps3-and-pc-early-2013/

What are these free contend updates? Are they talking about the new kill animations or were there other things?

Who knows,i gave up on that. If you consider that you were able to get Skyrim for less than 15€ and Dawnguard for less than 10€ on Steams sale a week ago there is no good reason not to own it on PC and have access to all the mods on top of that. When a medicorly reviewed Dawnguard Pops up on PSN you´ll likely be asked to pay 20€ for a long while.

I am surprised how well the PC Version runs on my mid 2007 iMac, it´s all on low and i am dropping frams left and right when there is lots of action... but still i would not say it looks worse than the PS3 version... so whatever computer you have it should have the power to run better than on mine. (and if you like the controler in hands there is a mod for that on steam workshop)

Leaked info about dragonborn. They say it has spoilers, but actualy it´s more "back of the box" type of info about playtime and some of the features. No real story spoilers in my opinion (click at your own risk though)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/12/03/details-about-skyrim-dragonborn-leak-early

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

On PS3 in particular, we turned our attention to Dragonborn, as we thought it was the best content to release first, and we didn’t want folks to wait longer. Once it’s ready to go for everyone, we’ll continue our previous work on Hearthfire and Dawnguard for PS3. Each one takes a lot of time and attention to work well in all circumstances and all combinations of DLC. Once we have a better idea of release timing and pricing, we’ll let you know.

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/12/05/dragonborns-release/

First dragonborn releases are largly positive.

• 2 weeks later...

Popped in some Skyrim this weekend. The Hircine quest rules. Also, I discovered that everything that gets confiscated from you by a guard gets put in the jail's trunk, giving me a whole new source of loot to fence. Course I only pickpocket for laughs (as I've gotten the perk where you can take everything, even their clothes), or to poison people now.

• 4 weeks later...