The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

I'm hoping there'll be enough talk about the shows worth watching on the Thursday night block to warrant this.

But at the very least, this should prompt some discussion and hopefully excitement from people who aren't me; Ricky Gervais is going to reprise David Brent on an episode of The Office, before Steve Carell leaves the show. I don't even care that The Office has been uneven this season, that is must-watch TV for me.

Community returns this Thursday. This thread is now worth having.

Though, we do have a General Television Thread that probably would have served it's purpose.

Oh and some other show about Parks is coming back apparently. Good for them.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Gervais could be hit or miss, depending how he's used.

The more interesting Office-related revelation I've seen is that:

Michael will leave with four episodes still to go in the season - a few episodes after Holly does - and the last few episodes will be focused on his replacement, with the main candidates being Andy, Dwight, Darryl, and some newly-created outside hires.

Personally I think Andy is the strongest candidate of the three I know anything about. Darryl and Dwight would have to either become normalized over time or be booted out of the position after a year or two, Andy's the only one I see with any staying power. Not sure how he could get the job plotwise though.

I'll also be watching 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, and - *sigh* - Outsourced tomorrow. And Big Bang Theory. I'm sure I'll like Community but I want to start at the beginning and I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Now I gotta watch straight through the UK Office. To Hulu!

I envy you for being able to watch "Training" for the first time.

Gervais could be hit or miss, depending how he's used.

Apparently it's going to be in the cold open of next week's episode. So not longer than a minute or two.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Well I'm glad he won't be a major plot point. Hopefully they'll at least explain who he is and what he's doing there sufficiently that the scene makes sense to those who've only seen the US show, because I suspect it'll mostly be an in-joke for those who know both.

I'll also be watching 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, and - *sigh* - Outsourced tomorrow. And Big Bang Theory. I'm sure I'll like Community but I want to start at the beginning and I haven't gotten around to it yet.

You, sir, support the enemy.

• Like 3

Glad to have the shows back, Community hit another home run, Parks & Rec was a good return (but not nearly enough Ron Swanson), the main plot of 30 Rock was brilliant, and The Office had one of its best episodes in awhile. I DVR'd Perfect Couples just to see what it's like, but I'm not expecting good things, anyone watch it?

And I repeat: fuck The Big Bang Theory.

Parks & Rec was a good return (but not nearly enough Ron Swanson)

The man made his own Pyramid of Greatness, I think that supersedes the air time (I'm assuming Rob Lowe got to be the focal point of the episode not just because his character really did need expanding upon but also on the off-chance that new viewers might be tuning in to see him).

I caught Community for a second time, and I liked it, though I didn't enjoy it as much as the missing pencil episode that I caught before. Parks and Rec was a lot more enjoyable than I remember it being when I caught an episode or two a while back. The Office is still good, even though I haven't watched it in three years. And 30 Rock is still horrible. Aside from 30 Rock, NBC really does have a good Thursday night going.