The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

I caught Community for a second time, and I liked it, though I didn't enjoy it as much as the missing pencil episode that I caught before. Parks and Rec was a lot more enjoyable than I remember it being when I caught an episode or two a while back. The Office is still good, even though I haven't watched it in three years. And 30 Rock is still horrible. Aside from 30 Rock, NBC really does have a good Thursday night going.

This implies you enjoy Outsourced. To each his own and all that, but do you stand by this statement?

I just saw Community, The Office, Parks and Rec, and 30 Rock as I've been busy. Pretty happy with the first 3, but early on during this episode of 30 Rock I realized that Liz (not Tina Fey, but Liz) reminds me of my roommate. Not 30 Rock's fault, but that sucked the fun out of it. The Office was good, Community was better, but Parks and Rec gets the Best of the Night honors. Such a STRONG return.

That said, the line stuck in my head right now is "I agree with brown Jamie Lee Curtis."

That said, the line stuck in my head right now is "I agree with brown Jamie Lee Curtis."

"And then when all the pumpkins just start to rot… and all the children have removed their outfits… because they've already gotten their candy."

I follow maybe just a handful of current on-going shows, but Community is consistently the best of those and has been pretty much since I saw the pilot. Favourite show right now by a considerable margin, besides playing out Senor Chang they can do no wrong.

I caught Community for a second time, and I liked it, though I didn't enjoy it as much as the missing pencil episode that I caught before. Parks and Rec was a lot more enjoyable than I remember it being when I caught an episode or two a while back. The Office is still good, even though I haven't watched it in three years. And 30 Rock is still horrible. Aside from 30 Rock, NBC really does have a good Thursday night going.

This implies you enjoy Outsourced. To each his own and all that, but do you stand by this statement?

Hmm. Never seen Outsourced. I ended up turning 30 Rock off with ten minutes left. I didn't realize there was anything on after that.

Will Ferrell is doing a four-episode arc on The Office this season. The way it reads it sounds like three of them will be Steve Carell's last three and then the fourth will be the episode immediately following it.

Surely I'm not the only one who watched this week.

Community takes the prize this week, even if just for the Pierce/Annie story.

Parks and Rec was still top-notch though, especially Ron bonding with Andy. Sidenote: It's only just now sunk in that Mark really is gone. :(

The Office wasn't perfect, but I still enjoyed. And the Michael/David interaction was fun, though brief. I loved the sly reference to the inevitable exit of Michael and his potential replacement.

30 Rock is still hanging on, but I can't say I enjoyed the Lutz subplot. That said, the entire episode may have been worth it just for De Niro's bit.

So glad at the weekend I decided to give Parks and Rec a second shot because I adore this show. Watched the entire 2nd season on Sunday and caught up to speed with last nights episode.

Ron Swanson is a total hero.

"You had me at meat tornado" :wub:

Community was good too, mainly due to Pierce getting kids to love drugs and the nice yet sad moment of him watching his old commercial he was never really in.

Parks and Rec was the best one for me. Community and The Office both had fine episodes that didn't veer into great like Parks did (I loved Chris beating the "my body is like a microchip" bit into the ground. The more he said it, the more hilariously absurd it got). 30 Rock was worth it for De Niro and the arguing to the tune of Billy Joel songs segment.

• Like 1

Similar style in the sense that it's filmed documentary style, the characters talk to the camera, it's produced by the same people, etc... but the similarities pretty much end there. The characters are far and away more likable and believable than the two-dimensional characters of The Office.

I actually like Perfect Couples. I only watch 3 Thursday shows and I would rank it 3rd but I thought it was funny. I have never seen Parks and Rec. Is it like The Office? I could never really get into that show and it seems like they are pretty similar.

I actually despise the Office, I don't like Steve Carell's character on there. Just annoys me. I understand Parks and Recreation is similar, but I just think the characters on this one are so much better. Tom Haverford, Andy Dwyer, April Ludgate, Ron Swanson. Those 4 characters are some of the best people on TV.

My father, who never watches ANY new show, likes them. I forced him to watch one episode, and he is catching up on season 2 on Netflix now. Just amazing, amazing character development.

This was a very strong week for all 4 of the good Thursday night shows. 30 Rock rebounded after a couple of weeks that had me worried; The Office had a simple, but unique story that was the perfect blend of humor and emotion; Parks and Rec hit it out of the park again (The Four Horsemeals of the Eggpocalypse); and fucking Community. God, that show is too good for words. I just love that they can do one of their (now trademarked?) genre-concept episodes and make it so emotional along the way.

Great night for television.

Watched Community. Community was awesome. Typical sentiment. Etc.

But has anyone other than Srar watched Perfect Couples? I remember watching a week where they had a rather silly arc and the only character that had any personality was Waitress's character (a symptom of being Charlie's wife and on Always Sunny is that you'll be known as Waitress for the end of time), so I didn't watch, but I was actually hoping for good things since there's an AC Newman theme song and Jen Kirkman's involved with the writing. Guess not.

Community was great. And Parks & Rec may be my new #2 behind The Office, even though I thought The Office was great last night. Still don't give a hoot about Perfect Couples, 30 Rock gets a chuckle or two from me, and I've heard nothing but bad things about Outsourced, so I've yet to watch that. Community/Parks&Rec/Office all were on the ball last night though.

I enjoy "watching" Perfect Couples when I'm doing something else at the time. Occasionally I'll hear a few amusing jokes, but I try not to pay attention to whatever they're passing off as the plot.

All the other shows (minus Outsourced, obviously), were absolutely fantastic. I feel like The Office is finally getting its groove back, which is promising for the big shake-up after Carrell leaves, and last night's show was the best in years. Pam taking over Jim's role of entertaining The Office while Michael's away was a nice throwback to Office Olympics, and Michael Scott: Lost in Scranton was simultaneously heartwarming and awkward, which is what the show has always done best.

30 Rock was a lot of fun too, the mystery ethnicity of the MSNBC reporter was hilarious and Jack having someone like Kenneth as his new boss should provide quite a few laughs in the coming weeks.

Community and Parks & Rec were perfect as always, not really anything worth mentioning though since that's what I've come to expect from the two best shows on TV.