The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

No, it was not. Shame, since it followed one of the season's best. Now that's 2 episodes without Chevy Chase (sort of.) I assume that means he'll be in the rest?

Parks and Rec was still a lot of fun though, with both episodes.

"See you tomorrow, Jeremy!"

I liked the darkest timeline stuff at the end...

I didn't mind Community, but it seems like the majority of the weak episodes of the show - this season especially - all take place off-campus.

First Parks was meh, second one with Jerry's retirement was great. Especially Leslie's befuddlement at his family.

Also, Community writer Andy Bobrow tweeted some of Pierce's dialogue that was intended for this episode.

I have two issues with that episode, and they both revolve around the idea that.. whoever wrote that, had the idea in their head for the whole Cornwallace tied up thing.. but the way they got into it and left it was done horribly.

1) They got into it with Annie and Jeff basically quietly screaming in the kitchen about the situation. Which was wholly stupid because it just didn't feel right and they were speaking loud enough for everyone to hear them.

2) It all breaking down with Jeff going to tie Cornwallace up again, Jeff himself going a bit bonkers after Cornwallace pegged him as the person who had untied him. That makes no sense and should've got no reaction from Jeff because he was at the friggin' door with the Dean when the whole thing went down.

The ending with the Dean giving everyone kittens was kind of.. forced and weird too.

• Like 1

I've been telling everyone for weeks, their best episodes happen when they're at Greendale, and there is one solid reason for that:

Their minor characters in the school are what make the show so damn great, because they have just as much depth character-wise as the main characters.

Saying that, out of all the off-campus episodes this season, I enjoyed this one the best.

Both Parks and Rec episodes were awesome, IMO.

"Like does she think Jerry's a friendly hat?" had me in stitches.

I think the issue with Community was that the premise just doesn't work given the time allotted, and, thus, feels weird and rushed. I think if it was an hour long show, it could've worked a lot better.

And I wasn't really feeling the darkest timeline stuff at the end either.

I think the issue with Community was that the premise just doesn't work given the time allotted, and, thus, feels weird and rushed. I think if it was an hour long show, it could've worked a lot better.

And I wasn't really feeling the darkest timeline stuff at the end either.

Has there ever been a sitcom that has been an hour long? I can't remember one, at least on any form of traditional TV.

From my experience, trying to stretch 20-22 minutes of story into double that usually just doesn't work. Honestly, I'd say the best time frame for comedy is to have actually between 25-30 minutes (without ads) that HBO shows usually get.