The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

He's not coming back. Pierce actually graduating is a much more graceful way of writing Chevy out than I expected.

I didn't like the finale that much but I didn't think it was a horrific disaster either. The internal logic didn't hold up on the dream sequence. I appreciate the deliberate choice, though, of having the premiere and finale have significant chunks of time take place in internal realities constructed by Abed and then Jeff, with each using the other as a means of getting out of the situation and accepting change.

• Like 1

Dreadful Community episode (and it's already getting crapped on critically), but at least we got this GIF out of it!

http://i.minus.com/iLqNad9Ut7feI.gif

This season simply wasn't the same without Dan Harmon, and honestly I won't be sad to see it go if it is cancelled.

Edited by Mofoticon

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I figure Sony might negotiate a final season with NBC if only to definitively get Community over the line for syndication.

I feel like tonight's episode would've been a little easier to swallow if it weren't potentially the series finale. I mean, it'd still be disappointing as a season finale, but to end Community on the note it hit tonight would be terrible.

I'm not exactly sure how badly I want to see "Hey look Jeff popped into the college for no apparent reason!" episodes though

He majored in education...if the show comes back, he'll pop up teaching law at Greendale

• Like 1

Meh, I don't really see how tonight's Community is so much worse than any of the previous episodes this season but I've been pretty apologetic for it so perhaps I'm not the best judge. Still, I thought it was a fine finale (season or series). Not the best ever done or anything but it wrapped Jeff's story up and with this season's emphasis on re-focusing the show on Jeff as the "main" character, it made sense.

Yeah, even though it didn't really have much humor in it, I thought it all made sense and wrapped up everything it needed to wrap up. Don't know how it'll be like without Chevy at all next season, though, if it gets renewed.

Oh, and drunk Shirley is awesome.

I haven't really liked much of the season, but the last three episodes have been fine by me. I thought it was a decent enough finale; it was touching at times, funny at others and, on the whole, very inventive. It's got nothing on the last three seasons, but neither did any of the other episodes. I wouldn't be too bothered to see it get cancelled now, but maybe they could get their act together with another season. Also, nothing happening with the whole City college thing from last ep?

He's not coming back. Pierce actually graduating is a much more graceful way of writing Chevy out than I expected.

Yeah, I was almost certain in the last few scenes someone was going to burst through the door and yell "PIERCE IS DEAD!" and end the episode on that note. Nice to see that it was more graceful than that, though.

Yeah, VanderWerff's reviews have been pretty insufferable, which is a shame since his Mad Men stuff is great. I just don't think he (or a lot of people on AV Club in general) has been able to view the show very objectively.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I figure Sony might negotiate a final season with NBC if only to definitively get Community over the line for syndication.

I feel like tonight's episode would've been a little easier to swallow if it weren't potentially the series finale. I mean, it'd still be disappointing as a season finale, but to end Community on the note it hit tonight would be terrible.

I've been watching Community in syndiction for months now, its actually how I discovered it so I can't see that being an issue.

How're you guys not talking about that Office episode? That was fantastic. Some great laughs and an awesome almost ending to the show. Can't wait for next weeks.

If you ignore the Andy parts (and don't we all wish we could?), it was pretty flawless. I wish now that Dwight was made manager immediately after Michael left and Jim was his assistant regional manager, just because last night was far more interesting than anything they've done with Andy as manager.

The Darryl dance routine and the Jim/Pam scene in the break room was fantastic, as well. I'm eager to see what happens next week, especially since

Steve Carell is confirmed to return

I stopped watching The Office once they started trying to make me hate Andy and I grew so, friggin' exhausted with all of the Erin/Andy teasing. The will they/won't they and the unrealistic way that laid out WHEN I JUST WANTED THEM TO BE TOGETHER BECAUSE THEY ARE ADOREABLE tired me out.