The MST3K Thread

Josh

PACKERS ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL!

wooooooo Packersssssss

Packeeeeeerssss

Oh shit, the Rifftrax of Fun In Balloon Land. I do not for one moment doubt Kevin Murphy when he says it's his favourite thing they've ever done.

But fuck.

I've watched all the worst films. The Room, Birdemic, every episode of MST3K, pretty much every Rifftrax download, all that shit. And this ruined me. This totally fucking broke my brain. When it finished, I just giggled maniacally to myself for a solid minute, just at the sheer fact that this thing existed. The only other thing that has ever elicited that response was the Star Wars Holiday Special.

• Like 1

Yeah, I watched that with some people on Thanksgiving. It really is a mystery how it was even completed. I mean, yes, it's just some parade in Pennsylvania. But also, why tack on the creepy-as-hell narrative at the beginning? And what in the world is that parade for in the first place? The assortment of floats is just insane.

Literally 24 hours before Rifftrax announced they were doing it The Cinema Snob did a video on it.

I fail to believe there was any fun in balloon land.

• 10 months later...

Ah I remember there being a thread for this, RiffTrax are selling their MST3K episodes through their site, from their announcement video they have The Pumaman and The Final Sacrifice up now with new episodes added every Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0ODMcg1GgM

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TLHobo said:

J Elvis Weinstein and Mike Nelson have both stated they won't be involved with new MST3k.

Well Joel flat out said its gonna be a new cast, including voice actors for Crow and Tom Servo

Especially given that Joel wants it to be in front of a live audience, I would be very surprised if we don't at least get cameos from some of the original line-up. Shame that Mike's not involved, though, he's fantastically funny and it would have been nice to get him and Joel riffing together even just once to tie the whole thing together. Curious if they have any of the original group in as writers, though, if he doesn't want them in front of camera? 

Interested to see how much of a story element it will have, if any, too to explain Joel being back (presumably) on the Satellite of Love?

1 hour ago, Skummy said:

Interested to see how much of a story element it will have, if any, too to explain Joel being back (presumably) on the Satellite of Love?

It's just a show, Skummy. You should really just relax.

Washington Post on Joel's AMA

Joel won't be hosting. He's open to cameos from the original crew but he seems to be aiming more at a continuation rather than a reunion show.

• Like 1

Ah, fair enough. I remember an interview with him a few months back where he said he'd be open to a new season with a new cast, rather than just bringing it back. I expect a lot of people will be disappointed with that, but it probably makes more sense if he wants this to be a long-term project rather than the nostalgia trip most people seem to want. It would be a mistake not to have familiar faces pop up, though, and it's really going to depend on who they get to host and write the thing.

On 11/11/2015, 6:09:54, TLHobo said:

It's just a show, Skummy. You should really just relax.

Washington Post on Joel's AMA

Joel won't be hosting. He's open to cameos from the original crew but he seems to be aiming more at a continuation rather than a reunion show.

Joel posted a "5 Burning Questions" thing on the Kickstarter page.

It answers a lot of questions people have, like why they need 2 million etc..