The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

Eh, you are the one that gave us the theme for the season so nothing in my post is new to you. I'm using examples of people that I think could be in the season but I have no clue, there is no list yet nor is there a boot list obviously. So reading my post spoils absolutely nothing for you. They haven't even started filming. I HATE spoilers that ruin the season. HvV was almost ruined for me because I accidentally read Sandra was going to win and I hated it. I will never post that shit.

Haha, that's cool. Sorry, I was bitten big time with Caramoan and Philippines (I knew the entire F3 of the latter and 2/3rds of the F3 of the former, and that Brandon did something idiotic and quit the game) because of Sucks so now I'm going to be extra-vigilant.

Well don't know if it's 100% confirmed but it's close, yeah. Troyzan was thrown around a long time last season and that didn't happen. Apparently Nicole is pregnant but speculation is Rob C was never asked anyway. I have a feeling they don't really like asking him back due to his podcast. Too many One World and I had to fuckin' Google who's Monica to be honest. RC I expected 'cause they had a definite hard-on for her, probably 'cause of her boobs. Gervase and Tina is a nice throw back though. I like Aras and Tyson's hilarious. I can see Tyson having a wild family member too. Terry deserves a return though. Kat's married to Hayden? Cool. Hayden won Big Brother, I can see him doing well if he ever watched the game before.

@Yubari, I avoid Sucks now unless it's at a safe time like now but I won't look after this week. I've been spoiled too much. I've resorted to watching no YouTube Survivor stuff either because that's how I knew Cochran was going to make it to the end kinda. I also knew Malcolm was going out around 7th place. I also heard Brandon got taken to the hospital after the game and the early spoilers were that he made it to the end, heh. People also said Dawn went to a mental hospital in the Philippines after the game :/ I didn't know how Redemption Island, Philippines and South Pacific were going to go which enhanced my viewing experience big time.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Y'all gotta find a friend who loves to be spoiled, but will keep you in the loop without spoiling. Now that the cast is pretty much confirmed, I'll sit and wait until September. Pretty horrid cast, though.

Seriously Hayden? Ugh. Watching the live feeds from his Big Brother season, he was pretty horrible, meeting him during casting calls for BBcanada confirmed that, but now I may have to put up with him on Survivor? Great. Hopefully hes targeted due to his history of having success in reality shows and gone fast.

This is likely just a tease...but....

Parvati tweeted "Boarding a late night flight to an exotic locale where the sharks are smelling blood in the water... Sweet dreams my friends." at about 2 this morning.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

http://funny115.com/podcast/

Thought Survivor fans would like this. Survivor Historian podcast which has three mega Survivor fans talking about Survivor. Not so big on strategy, but more on the humor of Survivor, little known facts, the reception of the seasons when they aired.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Didn't want to post this in the new season thread, but there is a huge rumor going around for the seasons about to be filmed.

One of the next installments of Survivor will be a returning cast season with players who have only played once and are not winners. There will be a public vote where the fans of the show can vote for the Survivors who will play based on a pre-picked CBS list. Apparently there is going to be 30-40 names shortlisted.

This could end up horribly. Or amazingly. I'm not sure how to feel.

• Like 1

I actually really love that idea. I mean, there's bound to be some people who probably won't be worth returning, but if they can get some earlier Survivors back who haven't played in a while, combined with some of the newer popular ones, it could be a lot of fun.

It depends on the makeup of the list, probably, but I love the qualifications needed to be put on it. I just hope it doesn't become nothing but people from the last few seasons.

On another "Survivor-related but having nothing to do with the current season" note, it looks like there's going to be Funny 115 3.0. Can't wait for that.

I'm cautiously excited about a returning season. To me, the best way to do it is several seasons with no returning players and bring back an interesting mix of returning players. It's being filmed after a new season of newbies (filming starts this week), so we will have four seasons in a row of all new players. I think a season with returning players will be interesting. I'd love for some classic old players to come back, like Deena from Amazon or Burton from Pearl Islands.

On the Funny 115 3.0, I'm excited. I really think this season is one of the funniest in a while. Shirin and Sophie will probably end up being the stars of the new countdown. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the top entries is Sophie owning Coach in South Pacific.

Also, let the record state that I would be fine with 31 being newbies, 32 being a chance for players who never played twice to get a shot, 33 being a 'best who never won' and 34 being a battle of the winners and the franchise ending. I mean, I don't have all the particulars about budget and all that, but I can't imagine Survivor has a whole lot if time on CBS left, especially not in the Wednesday slot.

• 3 weeks later...

GoGo, I did not see any Worlds Apart names.

Given the fan base now, I would not be surprised if there was some really old school names that squeak in.

Oh, I saw the name of the season and then immediately averted my eyes. Okay, cool.

I think at least four or five of the people who make it will be pre-Heroes vs. Villains. Greg and Kelly have good shots, Borneo still looms pretty large. Stephen Fishbach seems like the biggest "he's in here because we couldn't find a returning player season that makes sense for him before now" name. It'd be brutal if Shane Powers missed the cut again, though, and I think there's a pretty good chance of that because nobody really remembers Panama.