The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

Heroes vs Villains was quite the watch.  J.T. is an idiot, he made a big move based on a guess which destroyed a lot of peoples chances to win the game.  I still have no idea why Candice was on the heroes tribe, she turned on her tribe in Cook Island and still managed to tank an 8 vs 4 advantage, then turned on the heroes here and screwed herself.  The absolute highlight was the Russell/Sandra dynamic.  I never would have pegged Sandra as a two time winner but as it got down to it, especially the final 6 it was almost a guarantee she would win. 

Russell being so angry during the reunion was the best, his strategy had almost no chance of ever winning the game and his insistence that the jury HAD to vote for him was just hilarious to watch.  I'm glad he failed do spectacular in the finals twice in a row.  The whole "America should get a vote" thing is dumb too and I hope it never happens since it puts the power of the game in productions hands.

@Azazel, to demonstrate how good Sandra is... she is on the season airing right now. I won't provide any detailed spoilers... she has gone to tribal council and is still around... she didn't even receive a single vote. She isn't even considered as the person to be voted off. The only two time winner, who is in no way physically contributing towards challenges, was not voted out immediately. How the fuck does that even happen? She's masterful in terms of actually being a huge threat, but in no way does anyone ever perceive her as being a threat. Except for Parvati. Parvati told Russell she would win. 

Russell is fun TV, but a terrible Survivor player. 

I still love JT even after his dumb move. End of the day, heroes were terrible once the merge happened. Candice they had on heroes iirc cause they actually wanted Parvati for heroes, BUT having her on the same team as Amanda and Cirie, they felt they could not have that again. Candice most def. is a villain. 

1 hour ago, Azazel said:

I just love how just like 5 days ago when thinking about who the best player was I thought J.T. was up there and then he got the dumbest move award and Sandra won twice using the exact same strategy and I never even would have put her on that list before.

Low key, under the radar games are not compelling TV for most but it's one of the best strategies to win. Some people win Survivor solely because they know exactly when to ditch an alliance and that alone. Sandra is a fantastic social player, probably one of the best. It's easier said than done to play the anyone but me strategy. 

I forgot how enjoyable Sandra was, especially burning Russell's hat and helping him look for it.

As for Nicaragua, this season is weird.  Jimmy T is someone I just don't understand. He spent so much time asking to get a shot in challenges when there was only one challenge up to that point that only one person could do, everything else was entirely team based.

I straight up hate NaOnka and hope she leaves the show as soon as humanely possible.  Fabio is fun to watch because he's such an idiot.  Overall though I have no idea who I even would want to win this season as I really want to see Brenda and Sash fail spectacularly.

Oh, by the way, you are on the run of seasons that is considered pretty terrible. 21 is fine, but 22, 23 and 24 are considered to be terrible.  

Enjoy! 

Well, I survived Thailand, and I seemed like seasons like Fiji more than other people, so maybe I'll be okay?  I'm not really enjoying Nicaragua though as I've yet to find anybody on this season that I actually want to see win.  Fabio would be hilarious because he's so hopeless.

Nicaragua is the only season I ever actually didn't finish. Not entirely a "I hated it" thing so much as that was the season before the first season I watched live (outside of Australian Outback), and finding full episode videos got really hard. I think a lot of my favorite characters went out early that season, mostly some of the kooky older people.

(but not Shannon, fuck Shannon)

They introduce Redemption Island in that season partially as a failsafe in case either Rob or Russell get voted out early, in order to get more episodes out of them just in case.

I really like how Jeff will be super nice and try to talk people out of quitting, then immediately be a dick to them when they quit.  NaOnka I think it worse than even Lillian, especially that movie reward thing.  Lillian was just annoying and whiny, NaOnka is actively a terrible person.

Down to the final 6 now, I feel like Dan is going to make it to the finals by doing nothing since everyone is going to turn on Jane soon.  Sash also has the worst looking chest in human history.

25 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Down to the final 6 now, I feel like Dan is going to make it to the finals by doing nothing since everyone is going to turn on Jane soon.  Sash also has the worst looking chest in human history.

I can't remember what exactly happens on air and what they don't show, but I feel like you may have unanswered questions soon. 

17 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I have unanswered questions?  I forgot what they were.

I think the only major one I have is if they actually had someone get voted out first and play again without ever bringing it up.

You finished the final 6 episode? The one where (I think) they turn the cameras off...