The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

Yeah a lot of those players weren't true favorites. I don't remember if Amanda was loved back then or not, but I do remember Cirie, Ozy and Yau-Man being huge and popular. Then again, the people that make the casts on returnee seasons aren't always production's first pick. They gotta go with the people that are available. :P

5 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

While I don't think Jonathan was loved at the time, he's one of my favourite all-time narrators of the show. 

He has one of my favorite story arcs on this show.

• Like 1

I think I hate "allstar" seasons, it makes me rethink my opinions on a lot of people.  I actually really liked Jonathan this time around and I feel bad for him, I even like Eliza a lot more where as Ozzy is slipping onto my hated listed in a pretty rapid manner.  The real downside to this season is that I don't give a shit about any of the fans, I don't even know most of their names at this point.  There is Ozzy Jr.  Girl with stripped bathing suit, fake Idol guy and other girl.

I actually wish that All-Star seasons were just returning players and any other season was just newbies. 

As to not ruin anything for Azazel:

An All-Star season is so different and I think a newbie has to be particularly good at the game to win in one with a mix.

52 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Hide contents

An All-Star season is so different and I think a newbie has to be particularly good at the game to win in one with a mix.

Azazel, don't read if you don't want spoilers for later seasons. 

Bow down to queen Sophie. 

• Like 1

@Ms. Canadian Destroyer

She was in the running for Game Changers, but for whatever reason did not get cast. Natalie A was going to be on Game Changers, but bailed at the last second and they got Sierra to replace her. I doubt Sophie could drop everything at the last second. Had producers known Natalie A could not have gone on, I guess they would just cast Sophie.

[/spoiler]

I am so excited for the day

Spoiler

Sophie plays again. And I'm sad it couldn't be on a season with Troyzan and Brad and Caleb because her dragging them in confessionals would have been so fucking funny.

I honestly believe that she would have the ability, like Sandra, to win twice in a row. She is not overtly threatening in a lot of ways, but she has such a great judge of character. Like she knew that she would slaughter Albert and Coach in a jury vote and made damn sure that she was standing next to them at the end. The only reason Brandon ever gives up his immunity is because Sophie worked Coach over so good and all the blood is on Coach's hand. 

Don't do it, Azazel! It's not worth it!

2 hours ago, RPS said:
  Hide contents

I honestly believe that she would have the ability, like Sandra, to win twice in a row. She is not overtly threatening in a lot of ways, but she has such a great judge of character. Like she knew that she would slaughter Albert and Coach in a jury vote and made damn sure that she was standing next to them at the end. The only reason Brandon ever gives up his immunity is because Sophie worked Coach over so good and all the blood is on Coach's hand. 

Yeah, I have to agree. I think she would do well in a second season, that despite winning, would not really have a target on her. She comes across really well whenever she is on RHAP.

Finished Tocantins.  Coach, Randy, Twila and Lillian have created their own group of people who I just massively hated watching.  Coach was an idiot, his stories were dumb and the fact that he repeated the "Dragon Slayer" monologue like 5 times because everyone wanted to vote out Brendan was as bad as having to listen to Lillian.

Tocantins and Gabon were both decent seasons, a super annoying person, a likable winner and the Sugar/Sierra role of someone people were just dicks to but didn't seem to really deserve it.

Serious question I forgot about: what the fuck was up with the Denise/Ozzy thing?  Denise went on about losing her job because of the show and they gave her money... then Ozzy mocked her the next reunion because apparently she was full of shit?

I thought Randy was an idiot.  Randy/Corinne to Sugar and Coach/Debbie/Tyson to Sierra was basically the same thing back to back.  People being huge dicks to the younger girl and losing because of it.  Randy was an idiot and Corinne was just a huge bitch.  On Tacantins you had Tyson being a huge dick to Sierra, then Coach and especially Debbie be world class pieces of shit.  Telling Sierra off, then asking her for help when they realized they were fucked was hilarious because Debbie went from uber bitch to completely pathetic in like 10 minutes.

It's weird that in both cases I didn't want to see Sugar/Sierra win, but I wanted to see them outlast the people who were being dicks to them.

I've heard Samoa is really good, a friend of mine that I talk to about Survivor says this was the season that hooked him the most.