House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Read somewhere (reddit, mb?) that they may fold the Lady Stoneheart stuff into giving Sansa something to do. So rather than zombie Cat going about being a bitch, they'll have Sansa go about murdering people and leading the Brotherhood Without Banners.

Gives her something to do, and gets rid of a character I can't say I really gave a shit about.

Read somewhere (reddit, mb?) that they may fold the Lady Stoneheart stuff into giving Sansa something to do. So rather than zombie Cat going about being a bitch, they'll have Sansa go about murdering people and leading the Brotherhood Without Banners.

Gives her something to do, and gets rid of a character I can't say I really gave a shit about.

Well, with it being pretty much official that the series will end before the final book is written. I'm fully expecting the story to start branching off more and more in the coming few seasons, and I personally like that because it will make waiting on the final books much more bearable knowing that we won't see the full cut in the TV Series.

Nonetheless, I'm very interested in the start of the upcoming season.

It also means we could potentially see them wrap the fuck up some of the stories in the books that've gone on way too long.

Maybe Daenerys will actually do some stuff in the show, rather than just hang out in Essos forever and ever.

• Like 2

I'm hoping GRRM is strict about what he lets slide in the TV show. I worry that branching off will lead to common TV tropes finding their way in and suddenly Jon Snow is the King, all the bad guys are dead and the good guys live happily ever after.

I'm hoping GRRM is strict about what he lets slide in the TV show. I worry that branching off will lead to common TV tropes finding their way in and suddenly Jon Snow is the King, all the bad guys are dead and the good guys live happily ever after.

As someone who has never read the books and has no idea of anything beyond what we have seen on TV, I always got the feeling we were heading in that direction with Jon Snow anyway. If not the king, I've always assumed we would find out more about his origins and that he would have a connection to the throne.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

As someone who has never read the books and has no idea of anything beyond what we have seen on TV, I always got the feeling we were heading in that direction with Jon Snow anyway. If not the king, I've always assumed we would find out more about his origins and that he would have a connection to the throne.

I too got this feeling (I too have not read the books), but that's also why I expect it not to happen. If there's anything I've learned by watching this show is that the obvious things don't ever really happen. Which I guess is what Walk's point was all about anyway :P

That would be amazing. I would watch that show

Well....

The actress that would be Lady Stoneheart, if they followed the books, is currently on Resurrection (a show I've quit watching, by the way). I'm all for them doing something like that with Sansa if they can't get her back, because they really do need to give Sansa something to do. The only problem I see is that she is a bit naive, if not downright stupid, in certain ways.

I can't wait for the season to start. I just hope they actually bring back Gendry, the true king. He's been in that boat an awful long time. And I'll probably be changing the channel or just ignoring the tv when Theon/Reek is on. That's the one storyline I could do without. Motherfucker got what he deserved.