House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

1 hour ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

Wait, she still has to go on trail? I thought she had to confess her sins, atone for them by doing the walk of shame and that's that as far as the religious trail is concerned. As far as the secular trail goes, who would prosecute her? She is the king's mother and judging from the scene between her and her son I find it highly unlikely that he would let her be subject to a legal trail.

the walk of atonement was for the sins she confessed to, the adultery with lancel. Adultery with Jamie and incest is the other charge that she didn't confess to, and must still be tried for.

Just now, SeanDMan said:

Hide contents

the walk of atonement was for the sins she confessed to, the adultery with lancel. Adultery with Jamie and incest is the other charge that she didn't confess to, and must still be tried for.

Spoiler

That may be the case but I doubt that the trail will take place. Not with King Tomen and Cersei being on the warpath.

Edited by Hellraiser

Sooo, I dunno what's up with the spoilering of what happened so i'll just stick to it too.

Roose's words about mad dogs came true, and I think this powerplay for the North is gonna spell the end for Ramsay. The south is coming up to take their land back sooner rather than later, and with Jon SnowStark being alive and kicking the big Northern houses like the Umbers and Mormont are certain to be supporting the resurrected and only living male heir of the Stark name.

GG Ramsay.

I hope that zombie Jon goes and twats Olly in the face, stupid little shit. I still like Ser Alliser, but then maybe that's cause the guy's a good actor (which makes sense b/c he's not in the least bit redeemable in the books). 

Spoiler

Yup Ramsay killing Roose will be the beginning of the end for the Boltons. They will have the Karstarks, but I have no idea what other Northern house would be with him. ALSO, I imagine the Freys will not be too happy about their daughter dying the way she did. It would be ridiculous to have the Freys not want revenge for it. Maybe the Freys will allow Littlefinger and the army of the Vale thru the bridge to avenge them?

^The trailer for next week. Lot of interesting things going on. What do you all think about ToJ?

Edited by Alex.

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

Well Joffers snuffed it before he could follow through on his threat, so presumably doing the cat thing and sitting on the Iron Throne whenever Tommen isn't about to shoo him off.

Ser Pounce: The only person to be comfortable on the Iron Throne

• Like 1

I said this last week after watching the episode then coming in this thread, and I've had almost an identical experience this week so I'll say it again.

On 25/04/2016 at 23:40, Adam said:

I swear, sometimes people are just setting themselves up not to be happy.

I enjoyed the episode, a fair few big things happened. I actually didn't see the Ramsay thing happening this soon, and as for the ending...well.

Looking forward to next week! I don't get previews when I watch it, and I don't really know what the Tower of Joy is, but I look forward to it nonetheless!

• Like 2

I've never really gotten round to watching this (despite owning every series on DVD, and two of them on blu-ray :shifty:) but from watching that trailer for next week I find it kind of mad for some reason, that I vaguely sort of know someone that's in this show. I mean I know there's like a billion characters that at this point I wouldn't be surprised to find out my dad or something was in it but still.

Incidentally, I watched the very first episode of this in uni, oddly enough, as part of some seminar on HBO and wasn't really that compelled to watch on in my own time, but I own them cause I'm sure at some point I'll get round to watching them and probably enjoy it. Is there a point where it's like generally agreed it gets really good or anything? Kind of like how with something like Breaking Bad people will say like "give it a chance, it gets good in season 2". Basically CONVINCE ME TO WATCH IT.