House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Some of the dialogue was so bad in this ep. And Bran is either not great, or just getting shafted with poor dialogue. 

Other than that, enjoyed another solid lot of build-up -- they've built the world up so well, and so many different characters, that watching it week-by-week just makes everything go so fast. I find that with Game of Thrones, nearly more than any other show, it's just made to be binged. 

• Like 1

That fight scene was epic. Excellently choreographed.

One thing that did puzzle me. Bran asks 'What's in the tower?', surely, since he's heard the story during his childhood many times (he's obviously aware of what he watching, as he mentions that it's different from what he was told by Ned), he knows that the tower contains

ToJ spoiler

Spoiler

Lyanna and 'the bed of blood'.

but the big reveal will be the bit he was never told

R+L=? spoiler

Spoiler

Baby Jon Snow

• Like 1

I dunno, Ned seemed kind of guy that would probably leave that whole bit out of the story. Not to mention that what Bran saw must make him have his doubts about the whole story, given that 

Spoiler

he was never told about Howland Reed stabbing Arthur Dayne. It sounded like he was led to believe Dayne died in honorable combat with his father.

Also, I was just thinking about this.. what houses are still loyal to the Starks? All I'm coming up with right now is House Mormont, whose ruler (a ten year old girl I believe) sent a raven to Roose last season (iirc) saying that she would never bend the knee to the Boltons. 

Spoiler

Now the Karstarks and the Umbers, two houses that were in Robb's army, have brokered peace/truces/alliances with Ramsay. Ramsay also mentioned the Manderlys and how with just those three houses behind him, they could hold the North.

Book stuff/speculation:

Spoiler

They introduced one Manderly back in season 3 who died in the Red Wedding. Surely by now everyone knows that the Freys and the Boltons were the architects of the whole massacre. In the books, Wyman Manderly outwardly pledges his allegiance to Roose Bolton, but is working in secret to try and bring the Starks back to power. Could Wyman finally show up this season and start that whole ordeal?

Don't discount the possibility that Jorah borrows a dragonride back to Bear Island so that he can save the north.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

That fight scene was epic. Excellently choreographed.

One thing that did puzzle me. Bran asks 'What's in the tower?', surely, since he's heard the story during his childhood many times (he's obviously aware of what he watching, as he mentions that it's different from what he was told by Ned), he knows that the tower contains

ToJ spoiler

Spoiler

I mean, aside from what was already pointed out about Bran maybe doubting his father's whole story now due to Howland's backstabbing to defeat Dayne, you could also easily say that Ned, one who can bend these stories to make them sound a bit more fantastical, would easily not tell his <10 year old son about the details surrounding his beloved sister's brutal death.

Another thoroughly enjoyable episode I thought this week, not one scene felt pointless or boring to me. I just hope we get to 'the point' with this whole Dany thing soon. I'm tired of long drawn out bullshit with her arc.

54 minutes ago, Adam said:
  Hide contents

I mean, aside from what was already pointed out about Bran maybe doubting his father's whole story now due to Howland's backstabbing to defeat Dayne, you could also easily say that Ned, one who can bend these stories to make them sound a bit more fantastical, would easily not tell his <10 year old son about the details surrounding his beloved sister's brutal death.

Another thoroughly enjoyable episode I thought this week, not one scene felt pointless or boring to me. I just hope we get to 'the point' with this whole Dany thing soon. I'm tired of long drawn out bullshit with her arc.

That and Arya's arc. I feel that arc has been drawn out way too long too.

I feel like you could easily edit the stuff with her from the last 3 episodes into Season 5 and have a much more compelling story arc then the one we ended up having. One would think that the story of Arya being inducted into a cult of magical, shapeshifting assasins worshiping death would be engaging but apart from a couple scenes it just dragged on and one.

Edited by Hellraiser

It's a means to an end, you won't be complaining when Arya is an unstoppable ninja hurricane of righteous vengeance and death.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

Should I be worried this week? I skipped the one part last week and from the sound of it I am glad I did

Can't think of anything.

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Some of the dialogue was so bad in this ep. And Bran is either not great, or just getting shafted with poor dialogue.

I think it's the not great thing. They hit with Maisie Williams, missed with Isaac Hampstead-Wright. It happens, I guess. Gonna be hilarious if the kid who plays Rickon turns out to be a better actor.