House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

6 minutes ago, Benkid Nada said:

That was one thing of a bunch of other things I said about the scene, and it's the one thing you guys are discussing with me about. I guess I could go on and talk about the other stuff, but no one highlighted that. I have a different opinion than everyone else, but apparently you guys can just go "Nah, you're wrong" and how I'm a negative Nancy and grasping at straws.

And Pizza, I'm just annoyed because I honestly thought it was going to be the Tower of Joy episode, not Episode 1: Once Again, No More Hope, and there'd be a continuation in a different episode. It's really just frustrating to me, because now I don't know if I should watch the next episode to see what happens (I don't even know if the continuation is happening next episode, though, can someone tell me) because well, there's so much more that could happen in that episode. I might read about it instead, or just watch that part, or something. I do know that if I choose to watch it I'm not welcomed to show my thoughts here, though.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

When people are talking about Ned Stark's honour, are they talking about the fact that he lied about Arthur Dayne's death or about the manner of the death itself, regardless of how the story was told? I'm sure most people are talking about the former, which I think is reasonable, but I've seen some people talk about how letting Dayne get killed from behind was the dishonourable part of the situation.

4 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

When people are talking about Ned Stark's honour, are they talking about the fact that he lied about Arthur Dayne's death or about the manner of the death itself, regardless of how the story was told? I'm sure most people are talking about the former, which I think is reasonable, but I've seen some people talk about how letting Dayne get killed from behind was the dishonourable part of the situation.

He had no control over that, can't imagine that's what people are talking about.

As for the dialogue. When your actor is shitty the dialogue doesn't come across as naturally-sounding as it would from a good actor, and that's my only issue with said dialogue from Bran.

I think its more to do with the fact he changed up the story and it wasn't fully true. If it wasn't for Reed Ned was going to be toast but I find that some of the people who are criticizing how Dayne was killed are the same book snobs who complain about the snow not being on the ground outside the Winterfell walls. But I do think the show in terms of quality has dropped. Even the writing of the dialogue has dropped quite a lot and makes me think that whoever is writing the episodes, it maybe a 13 year old boy. 

Besides that, there are some good things this season. I like The Wall, the North and I am hyped up for the Iron Islands. 

Does anyone else think that Bran sounds slightly more northern than he has in previous series? It's not a particularly strong accent, but it does sound a little different to me. Maybe part of that is the fact that Isaac Hempstead-Wright's voice has now broken, but he definitely sounds different to how he does in real life.

1 minute ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

You mean Ned Stark? Or did I miss something else? Is it that he claimed to kill 2 sword guy by himself?

Do you really want to hear the theory about what is going to happen next? If it turns out to be true It's a major spoiler.

Just now, Little Red Srarvette said:

You mean Ned Stark? Or did I miss something else? Is it that he claimed to kill 2 sword guy by himself?

Stay tuned because they are going to be returning to the ToJ I reckon. ;)

1 minute ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

There's a theory that a very important detail about another character will be revealed, one that could change the perspective of the whole series. I don't want to spoil it, but there's plenty about it on the internet.

If the little plot summaries HBO sends out are any indication, we might learn the rest of that as soon as episode 5. 

7 hours ago, Ruki said:

Neat!

I didn't think it would be the next episode, but I'm glad we're not going to have to wait until episode 8 or 9 (when the big things happen).....unless they turn the ToJ into a 3 parter.

I don't know how they turn it into a 3 parter. It's something they'd need to be using the Young Griff storyline for, to serve as a red herring, while we wait to find the real identity of the baby. I mean, I guess they could but it would honestly just feel deliberately drawn out.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the show itself, but for me the pivotal thing was the manner in which Ned and Howland came out standing. The story was always quite vague, that Ned's team of 7 fought Dayne's team of 3 and only Howland and Ned survived.

The implication, given Ned's honourable nature, was that he bested Dayne, who is also an honourable man, in battle. What we now have seen is Dayne cut through everyone and would have killed Ned if not for Howland stabbing him in the back. Then Ned made the killing blow.

If nothing else it is a very cheap win and something not becoming of an honourable man, nor was it a dignified death. Especially when bith men were fighting for loved ones. It is a much dirtier picture than the clean one I had in mind ... which is very Game of Thrones.

• Like 2

Ok, Dany, I'm interested in your story again.

That was so fucking badass! She doesn't just have one Khalasar....she has all of them. Sons of the Harpy? You fucked. Hopefully she isn't too pissed off about what Tyrion did while she was away. 

Also! Jon and Sansa! For the first time in like 3 seasons two Starks are in the same room as one another! And that was just the best thing. They have the best group right now...and with a wilding army, some northern houses (Mormonts on Bear Island?), and the support of the Vale...they are gonna take back their home. I imagine the second attack on Winterfell will be episode 8 or 9. Please let this season end with the Starks on top...