House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Spoiler

Osha's death was some lame-ass "creative has nothing for you" bullshit.

But the rest was good. Honestly, the stuff with the Sparrows remains by far the story I'm most interested in, probably in part because of the caliber of performers tied up in it.

• Like 2

I liked that Dany bit, really badass. But my favourite bit was this:

Jorah: I think people will notice he's been stabbed
Daario: I got this *crunch*
Jorah: Oh. OH. NONONO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:
  Hide contents

Osha's death was some lame-ass "creative has nothing for you" bullshit.

But the rest was good. Honestly, the stuff with the Sparrows remains by far the story I'm most interested in, probably in part because of the caliber of performers tied up in it.

Right? Jonathan Pryce is killing it, and then you can literally just have Diana Rigg say like two lines and right there you have two fantastic consecutive scenes basically because these actors are absolutely elevating everything to another level. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Right? Jonathan Pryce is killing it, and then you can literally just have Diana Rigg say like two lines and right there you have two fantastic consecutive scenes basically because these actors are absolutely elevating everything to another level. 

Pryce is brilliant. I've never seen such menacing kindness.

57 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

That episode was fire. Best of the season so far. 

Hide contents

Was big wildling guy eyeing up Brienne?

Davos and the High Sparrow are my personal favourites. But Dany's story this week was awesome. 

In a sexy way.

They would make the worlds most powerful babies

14 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I was so mad at that death! I get everyone can't have an epic death scene but I liked her and it was like the show just said "meh done now"

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I suppose it's fitting because she also had a crap death in Harry Potter.

I think that's just a source/adaptation difference.

Spoiler

GRRM's even stated before that Targaryens aren't immune to fire and said that when her dragons hatched and she walked away unscathed, that was a "special", "one-time" thing, when he was asked about it in a chat years ago before the show aired.

Vox.com has an article about it up today, stating that it seems that the show's actually playing up a magical element of the show rather than downplaying it as has been the case for some other stuff. That's not to say there isn't still plenty of magic in the show.

Osha's death was lame, but I feel like at least she seemed to have more control of the situation. She was the one who made the move, came on to Ramsay, and was actively trying to murder him. It's better than five or six weeks of "ima torture you k? k!" at least. I'm so ready for Ramsay to die, not just because he's a cartoon supervillain, but because it's gotten so predictable and lame with him. "Oh look Ramsay brutally murders someone/commits some unspeakable act of evil who say that co-zzzzzz..."

• Like 3