House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Brilliant episode.

I was getting to a point thinking it wasn't going to happen... That they weren't getting saved, great pacing.

even liked the Dany bits, giving her tyrion really helps.

The Vale and the North uniting is a big problem for the Lannister/Tyrell's, if they can extend their power through The Reach and take The Twins and Riverrun they hold a lot of power.

The Westerlands have no recognisable Warden (Jaime?) right now and the Lannisters have enough problems in Kings Landing, not to mention the Martels, however I suppose that's where Varys has gone now the Greyjoys have shown up to support Dany.

Edited by Tigerstyle

Cathartic.

Also..

Spoiler

I would have been totally fine had the Stark banner unfurling over the wall been the end of the episode. Great visual. 

The problem with Ramsay is that he was built up as such an evil, supervillain character that it feels like no death is "right" for him, but getting eaten by his own hounds works pretty well. Sansa's smirk as she walked away was great. I feel weird in that "seeing a dude get eaten by dogs" is a feel-good moment, but it is what it is. Poor Rickon, he never got to be much of anything but a plot device, eh?

Dany flexin' on the masters was good too. I especially liked "we're here to discuss your surrender", and Grey Worm slitting those two guys' throats in one smooth motion. Tyrion's little speech given to the surviving Master was great as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

:mellow: That was grisly.

Indeed. I wouldn't recommend this episode to everyone who is squeamish about violence or claustrophobic.

Spoiler

Fuck Sansa. I still don't get why she simply couldn't tell Jon about the Vale army. Why the secrecy? Yes, Littlefinger turnd on his father but does he even know that? And even if he did, I think he still would have let bygones be bygones, at least for the duration of the battle, in order to have an army large enough to defeat the Boltons.

And while I'm happy that Davos finally figured out what happened to Shireen I don't like that it took him so long to figure it out. Even if Brienne doesn't want to tel him for whatever reason he must have come across someone who knew what happened or simply put two and two together. After all he was the one who saved Gendry and who witnessed Stannis burning countless people.

7 hours ago, Mick said:

Hide contents

While it worked out great for the Starks, there's one larger problem here, and it's the fact that Littlefinger bailed their ass out. It seems like everything he's worked for has now just gone to shit. The Crown won't be too happy that he helped put, legally speaking, a traitor and someone involved in a conspiracy to commit regicide, especially after they gave him Harrenhal and the Riverlands. 

Spoiler

I don't think that the Lannisters, or anybody in King's Landing for that matter, cares about what Little Finger is doing at the moment. They do have enough problems of their own right now. I doubt that he has anything to fear from the for the time being.

Edited by Hellraiser

Oh, and in the previews for the finale..

Spoiler

Littlefinger: "I thought you knew what I want?"

Sansa's hand, I'm assuming?

Last week Jaime came as close to saying "None of us care about the North" as possible. They got their use out of the Boltons in helping them win the War of the Five Kings. Whether or not it's a Stark or Bolton up north both are extremely weak, and so far off the radar. Geographically it's so far removed from everything as well, which doesn't bode well when the Wall inevitably falls.

The Lannisters are stuck between a rock and a hard place anyway. The houses they all used to get to their position have either crumbled or in turn used them to gain even more position. And then Tyrion is plotting against them all with someone who is far more powerful and has a claim to the Iron Throne. So I don't think they'll be too mad at Littlefinger, if it even has to be addressed. By the time they can get mad shit will be falling down all around them. Or they'll have burnt King's Landing to ash.

• Like 2

Sansa didn't tell John because

Spoiler

John waits. Vale army turns up. Ramsay sees Vale army. Stays inside castle. Siege ensues that John/Sansa/Littlefinger's army cannot sustain. Ramsay wins.

She ended up doing exactly what she told John to do. Lured the Bolton army into a cul-de-sac and then routed them from three flanks.

• Like 1

As a TV production nut, last night's episode was amazing. Just everything about it was done magnificently.

Spoiler about next episode

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure that was a white raven.

Which means shit is really, truly about to hit the fan.

Edited by Blaze09

36 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Sansa didn't tell John because

Hide contents

John waits. Vale army turns up. Ramsay sees Vale army. Stays inside castle. Siege ensues that John/Sansa/Littlefinger's army cannot sustain. Ramsay wins.

She ended up doing exactly what she told John to do. Lured the Bolton army into a cul-de-sac and then routed them from three flanks.

Spoiler

And what would stop them from using the giant to breach the gates like they did in this episode?

16 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

And what would stop them from using the giant to breach the gates like they did in this episode?

Presumably a shit ton of arrows, rocks, burning oil/pitch etc. Ramsay had barely arrived, and there was no time to mount any kind of defense. 

• Like 1

Spoiler
45 minutes ago, Mick said:

Hide contents

Presumably a shit ton of arrows, rocks, burning oil/pitch etc. Ramsay had barely arrived, and there was no time to mount any kind of defense. 

Spoiler

If Jon Snow would've charged at them with his and the Vale army and they would have retreated to Winterfell there would've been no time to set anything up either.

Spoiler

If the Vale army was there from the beginning, the Bolton army wouldn't have been outside the castle walls to begin with. If the strength of the two armies were equal, Ramsay would have been an idiot to leave the protection of Winterfell to engage. Then if they'd used Wun Wun to try and break down the front door, 100+ archers camped in the battlements would have shredded him.

A great shot from last night that I don't see no one really talking about

Spoiler

ydRC2l8.gif

Just look at the Knights of the Vale just wrecking shit in the back

Bonus points for capturing the moment Ramsey knew he fucked up.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Blaze09 said:

A great shot from last night that I don't see no one really talking about

Hide contents

ydRC2l8.gif

Just look at the Knights of the Vale just wrecking shit in the back

Bonus points for capturing the moment Ramsey knew he fucked up.

My favorite shot was the headless horseman.

• Like 1

Spoiler

So that was all fantastic and I now ship Dany/Yara with every fibre of my being. I got really sad when Jon stopped punching, but the banners unfurling, Ramsay's true end and Sansa's smile warmed my heart. It is amazing after six seasons for the Starks to finally get a win, even in the face of Rickon's death.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazz said:
  Hide contents

If the Vale army was there from the beginning, the Bolton army wouldn't have been outside the castle walls to begin with. If the strength of the two armies were equal, Ramsay would have been an idiot to leave the protection of Winterfell to engage. Then if they'd used Wun Wun to try and break down the front door, 100+ archers camped in the battlements would have shredded him.

Spoiler

Ramsay didn't see the Vale army coming in this episode. If Sansa told Jon Snow about the Vale Army and Littlefinger they probably could've coordinated their attacks so that the Vale army arrives just as the Bolton cavalry begins their charge.

Spoiler

I spent that entire episode waiting for the seemingly inevitable tragic swerve, and to have the good guys win felt a lot more satisfying as a result. Ramsey may have devolved into something of a cartoon character by this point, but having his death be a rare moment of poetic justice was one of my favourite moments on this show.

2 hours ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

Ramsay didn't see the Vale army coming in this episode. If Sansa told Jon Snow about the Vale Army and Littlefinger they probably could've coordinated their attacks so that the Vale army arrives just as the Bolton cavalry begins their charge.

Spoiler

I imagine they have scouts at least. You cannot hide an entire army.