House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Yeah that was fantastic. I personally didn't see the Vale cavalry showing up so that was awesome. The horses just absolutely tearing Ramseys army apart was such an amazing visual and I agree with whoever said the final shot should have been the direwolf banners unfurling. The Starks fucking deserved that. Sansa was really good for once.

Dany was even enjoyable if you take it more as "fuck it im just going to be a conquerer and ruin everybody's shit". Teaming up with Yara and Theon is interesting but just needs to leave Mereen already.

So a few years behind but I finally got around to watching this...just near the end of S1!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Little Red Srarvette said:
  Hide contents

I am glad the Starks finally did something right but it might have been too late for me. I didn't get the big cathartic feeling others got. I just thought well ok how is the show going to fuck them over now? I have no faith in any of it.

I actually think this is probably the turning point of the series,

series 7-9 theories

Spoiler

now I would imagine series 7 will be the 'War of the Five Queens' (Dany/Yara/Sansa/Elia vs Cersei), series 8 will be 'Fire vs Ice' (Humans/Dragons vs White Walkers) and series 9 to wrap things up, rebuild Westeros and get everyone to where they were always meant to be, Tyrion as Lord of Casterly Rock for example.

I believe that's the plan, but you know how TV execs like to milk shows for all they're worth. Season 7 has been confirmed as only 7 episodes.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure that was speaking metaphorically (and somewhat physically, maybe), as in his trauma will live in her. There was the line in "The Door" though “I can still feel what he did in my body, standing here right now.”

If it is though, she also said "All memory of you will disappear," so if she is pregnant then she's either killing herself or aborting it somehow, which just seems totally unnecessary even by some GoT standards when it's something that could be absolutely ignored.

• Like 2

On the topic of how long GOT runs, I always assumed it was going to be 2 more shorter seasons and that would be it. But with the way the TV landscape is changing, and HBO being without another show anywhere close to GOT, they might beg to have it extended. There are tons of people keeping their HBO subscriptions just for GOT.

29 minutes ago, PentaNerf Jr. said:
  Hide contents

Ramsay saying something along the lines of "I'm part of you now" in the final scene. I dunno, it's probably nothing, but that's the feeling I got.

Spoiler

When she confronted Littlefinger a few episodes ago she also said “I can still feel it. I don’t mean ‘in my tender heart, it still pains me so.’ I can still feel what he did, in my body, standing here, right now.” which some people interpreted as her saying she was pregnant.

Edit: Benji beat me to it. Didn't see his post there.

Edited by Hellraiser

2 hours ago, damshow said:

On the topic of how long GOT runs, I always assumed it was going to be 2 more shorter seasons and that would be it. But with the way the TV landscape is changing, and HBO being without another show anywhere close to GOT, they might beg to have it extended. There are tons of people keeping their HBO subscriptions just for GOT.

Surely they could just let this series end naturally, and then follow it up with a prequel series.

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

Surely they could just let this series end naturally, and then follow it up with a prequel series.

GRRM's gone on record as saying he would like HBO to do a Dunk & Egg series. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

I mean, this is what I'd expect them to do but with how uncertain the future of cable and premium TV channels are going forward nothing would shock me.

They'll milk this cow for everything they can though, that's for sure.

I really hope not. Look at what Showtime did to Dexter when they decided to milk it for all it was worth.

I can't wait for the big reveal that Dany isn't really dead but she's living north of the Wall as a wildling lumberjack. :shifty:

• Like 3

Never saw Dexter but Sons of Anarchy was a great show for me, but went on about a season and a half too long.

There's plenty they can do with this universe, lots of stories to tell. they shouldn't sacrifice the ending to THIS story by dragging it out too long.

Plenty of the actors are going to be getting interest from other projects as well, for many of the actors GoT will have been their big break so it's only a matter of time before they will get offers, other roles, too good to refuse.

A prequel would be interesting, or simply show what's happening in another part of the world away from the spotlight of the 'main' characters for a follow-up series.

I would like a mini series of Roberts Rebellion. 

10 parts i think they can do it. like band of brothers, 10 episodes, thats it.

edit: can do a lot with it tbh. can do the tourney where rhaegar gives lyanna the flowers, lyannas kidnapping, aerys burning neds father and brother, battle of the trident, etc etc

Edited by Alex.
  • Like 1