House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

If they cast Rhaegar well, them I'm all in! He's easily one of the most interesting characters in the universe even though very little of him has been divulged. They could easily fill out a series with that story. 

So the last episode was extended to a full sixty minutes, however when the show gets rebroadcast many local affiliates wanted to trim about fifteen minutes from the shows runtime. The internet being the internet the cut version has leaked so you can see the edited version and what will be missing below.

I hate that I waited so long to get into this series.  I wanted to read the books first but never had time.  I started Sunday night/Monday morning and am at the start of season 4

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alex. said:

^You will begin to notice the drop in quality soon

5 hours ago, Cloudy said:

And if you do, don't be insufferable about it.

I suffered through the terribleness of the last few seasons of Sons of Anarchy...I can deal with anything!

• Like 1

I just read the last 11 pages of this thread after catching up on the last four episodes. Seeing everyone be so off about certain theories is amusing.

Said theories primarily being:

Spoiler

Arya not really being Arya when she got stabbed, and 'Cleganebowl'. On the note of which, I don't get why people really wanted to see that as part of the Trial by Combat that we now know won't happen. Yes, seeing Sandor kill The Mountain would be massively satisfying, but I'd hate seeing Sandor team up with the Faith Militant. He's one of my favourite characters with all this great history and motivation, if he is to ever bring down his brother it needs to be as one of the 'good guys' or indeed just 'the guy' himself (cue Roman Reigns gif response).

As for thoughts on the events of recent episodes themselves:

Spoiler

I've enjoyed this season more than most. I think there's been some great scenes and some fantastic events have happened. The end to all this Arya and Dany treading water stuff and actually getting on with Westeros is a relief, and many people / regions we haven't seen much of are cropping up again to play into the big story. Dondarrion! Hound! Benjen! Edmure! Walder!? All building up nicely.

The Battle was great, and super hard to watch at times. Apparently Kit Harrington has a mortal fear of being buried alive, so the director put that whole bit in there unscripted and boy did it work. I had to look away from that at certain points, not nice. And Ramsay's death was the only satisfying way he could go, such is my hatred for him I actively wanted them to show the dogs eating his face off.

I also expect the rumours to be about wildfyre, re: Cersei. They didn't put that bit in the Dany/Tyrion scene talking about the Mad King's plan to burn all his citizens for nothing.

My assumption for the overarching plots to the conclusion of the show are that next season deals with Dany finally taking over Westeros, or the southern are at least, then having to team up with Jon and the Starks to fend off the White Walkers as the conclusion to it all, but that's a massively simplified version of it all.

• Like 2

TBF, the Arya stuff was either "something is up", or "that was awful writing/directing". It's a testament to the shows high quality and how much good will in the bank it has that something that dumb was given benefit of the doubt initially, and hasn't really been addressed as a really bad piece of work after.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Benji said:

TBF, the Arya stuff was either "something is up", or "that was awful writing/directing". It's a testament to the shows high quality and how much good will in the bank it has that something that dumb was given benefit of the doubt initially, and hasn't really been addressed as a really bad piece of work after.

Maybe it hasn't been adressed as a realy bad piece of work in this forum but outside of here a lot of people really hated that story. To me it's easily one of the worst subplots of the show just slightly below Dorne and slightly above Dany in Mereen.